"The Isle..." Part VIII

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part VIII...

The Professor, Ginger, Mary, Gill(igan), Karen all watched Steve Rutherford and Lovely Crumpt roll about on the sandy ground for a good ten seconds...

Goodness...Dr. Balinkoff, watching screen in his underground office.

"Steve?" Jess, in her grey uniform, watching a bank of monitors in her security office, Steve and Lovely rolling about the ground on #4. Too surprised to note the chicken passing by the camera to monitor #5, pecking at the ground as it moved along. Frowning at another monitor...Oh, boy...

"Dr. Balinkoff? Jess here." she held phone...

"Oh, Steve...Steve!" Lovely hugging and kissing him...

"Oh...Ow!" Steve, feeling injured leg...

"Ohmigod..." Ginger staring. "Hey, guys!"

"Uh...Mrs. Crompt?" the Professor called, gently.

Karen, watching grimly, arms folded.

On the one hand, nice to know Steve really did have someone besides the wife who divorced him and may not be alone when I abandon him to return home...On the other...Kill, kill, kill...She thought. And kill, kill, kill some more...

What can I say? Love's an irrational tidal wave in a passionate statistician like me. In an hour I'm sure to be suicidal thinking about how I've betrayed my husband, then irrational with rage suspecting him.

And that slut Alison...I know it's her.

Anyway, right now? Kill, kill, kill...Still, if I do have to abandon him, it would ease my heart. Which would, yes, probably get suicidal with guilt over hurting him.

What do you mean I don't seem the type? Eyeing us, annoyed.

The raw passion's written all over my face.

"Steven..." grim tone.

"Steve...Oh..." Lovely was calming. "So good to see you again." She pulled away. "How is your lovely wife?"

The others staring as Steve tried to pull himself together, groaning...

"Oh, Steven, have I hurt you? I'm sorry. Let me help you up." Lovely offering an arm to him...Gilligan coming over to assist as well. "Here, you can take my arm, too. Upsi-daisy..." they lifted him to his feet.

"It is just so good to see you...I had heard you were dead in plane crash." Lovely, fondly. As Gilligan passed Steven back his crutch stick.

And figured my worthless, vindictive husband must have had something to do with it...She did not say.

"Great to see you too, Lovely. As per the missus..." Steve sighed. "Things didn't continue as I would have liked."

"But then he met me." Karen cut in. "Hi, Karen Cushman, Steven's significant other and mistress for the past four years." She offered hand.

"Oh...Hello. Lovely Szo...er, Crumpt." Lovely slight sigh, then smile, shaking hand. "It's nice to know Steven has someone. He is best."

"Yeah..." Karen, cool smile. "So, welcome to the Isle. How do you know Steve?"