"The Isle..." Part XX...

id:13515980

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part XX...

The Balinkoff complex...Gallery off the launch control complex...

"Isn't this exciting?" Louise enthused to Amanda, sipping coffee while cradling her counterpart, Henanda in arm.

You wouldn't have thought so six months ago when your big concern was finding a supply of nail polish...

"Sure...If you want to see that madman rule the world or at least try..." Amanda sighed.

"Mandy...Please don't say such things." Louise shook head, taking hand. "I understand we have political differences and I won't try to press my views on you, but it hurts me to see you so set against a good man like Boris Balinkoff."

"Uh-huh...The man who put my brain into her..." Amanda, indicating Henanda.

Hey...Two-way street, honey. Henanda thought, a bit miffed. Though I will admit I got the best of the deal.

Though tragedy may loom for me, if I lose my enhanced faculties...Sad "bak-bak..."

And you people don't seem to think I might now require better toilet facilities? Annoyed look about...

Though I appreciate the pad you put down for me, sister...Eyeing Amanda gratefully.

"That was to save your life after we got caught trying to escape..." Louise noted. "And it wasn't his fault you got hurt, jumping from that height. If Igor hadn't been able to save you..."

"I'm grateful to Igor and I get it might have been necessary for a few days. Though an induced coma could have done just as well." Amanda frowned.

"And then you ran...We all searched for you, for months. We were all worried, you know."

Amanda, sighing at the earnest face beside her. "I know, Louise. Thanks. I am glad to be back. And I will hope no one gets hurt today, will that do?"

"That's fine...I'm sure it'll all come off well."

"Countdown proceeding at T-minus fifty-five minutes and counting..." Owen's voice over the gallery's loudspeaker, view of the three ships on two huge video screens.

"So if he gets up there...?" Amanda eyed Louise.

"Safe Haven will be fully manned and ready." She beamed. "And the Operation can commence."

"What about the base here? The world's governments will know a launch occurred soon enough and even if he conceals it one last time, when he starts 'Operation whatever', they'll track us down here."

"By then we'll all be up on Balinkoffs Four, Five, and Six...If you'll come."

"He promised he'd release me, after erasing some of my memories of this place..." Amanda frowned.

"He will...Or we will, under his instruction...Jess is good at that, you won't lose anything important." Louise beamed. "I was just hoping...You know the offer to join us stays open..."

"To help blackmail the world into one government, under Boris? No, thanks. Sorry, I hafta get political here."

"We nearly fell under the thumb of Putinsky/Trump or even that awful Crumpt guy." Louise noted. "Even if you can't appreciate Boris' goodness, how could it be worse? You know his plans...Disarmament, end world poverty, end global warming...Equal rights for women and the oppressed...High speed rail all over America, Africa, Latin America...No borders...More funding for pure research..."