"The Isle..." Part XVIII...

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part XVIII...

Ninety minutes later...

"Launch Control, this is Security Control...At this time we are recommending the prescheduled hold be implemented starting in thirty seconds until the situation has been resolved. Are we go on hold?"

"Roger that...All controllers, at this time, we are hold pending Security Control confirmation of the situation resolution." Owen told his microphone as he stood in the midst of Balinkoff Launch Control about 1000 feet down in the isle.

Florence in her space suit, helmet yet off, turning to the now strapped in Dr. Balinkoff... "We're going with the hold as planned, sir. Security Control should alert us shortly. Sorry for the delay, sir."

"No, no...We expected it. All is going quite well and I am sure the situation is well in hand." Kindly nod.

"It's so good to have you going up with us on this one, sir." Florence beamed.

"I must confess to a bit of nerves..." Balinkoff smiled. "But I am sure you'll get us up there safely, my dear. As you did with Cargos 1 and 2."

"Thank you, sir." Pleased smile.

"Igor?" Balinkoff pressed radio transmit button to the main complex. "Is all secure there?"

"Fine, Master." Igor's voice in reply. "No problems. Our new people have made no moves to interfere."

"Excellent. Well, they're in for a bit of a show soon. Take care, Igor and give my best to Amanda and her counterpart when you see them. Call you from orbit at lunch!" beam.

"Hey, Igor!" Florence called.

"Safe journey, Master. Good luck, Ms. Florence."

...

"We'd better stop..." Ginger hissed to Gilligan, indicating the weary and puffing Professor, just ahead on the trail, Lovely Crumpt beside him.

"Right..." Gilligan agreed. "Hey, everybody! Five minutes! Take five minutes!"

"He's not well." Ginger sighed to him. Gilligan nodding...

"No, I don't think so."

Lovely, looking back to them as Steve, following her, halted and looked back.

Ginger glancing over to the Professor who'd stopped, exhausted.

"Professor..." Lovely hurried up to him. "You should sit down." Steve following her, nodding.

"Yeah, mate. You look a bit all in. I know I am." Smile. "Lets us all rest a spell, plenty of time."

"Just...Five minutes." The Professor agreed, breathing heavily as he sat.

"Professor...Hinkle, is it?" Steve asked, carefully.

Hinkle nodding, struggling to catch breath.

"You've been having some trouble there, on the last few hundred feet. And it gets worse up ahead, soon..." delicate pause. "There's no shame in having to take a breather but it'll do no one any good if they end up having to carry you up."

The Professor frowned, starting to rise.. "I can...Manage."

"Mate...Be reasonable and think of our ladies here..." Steve eyed him, keeping voice low as possible. "They can barely make it as it is. If they have to help the boy and I help you up..."