"The Isle..." Part XI...

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part XI...

"So this is Todd...Say 'hi', Todd." Steve lifted a hand of the comatose Todd, a tall, now rather skinny fellow with stubby beard, dressed in worn old jogging clothes, on his straw pallet and shook it to wave.

"He's been like this for months you say?" the Professor, bending over the unconscious Todd, opening one eye, then letting it close.

Get out of my space, man! Todd screaming inwardly.

"The poor soul...Even if not saved." Mary sighed, patting Todd's arm. The remaining others but for Gilligan, charged by the Professor to check what might be useful to take back to the Minnow, eyeing him...Ginger with sympathy changing shortly to recognition and disgust...

Todd? Todd Hinkle?

"Ever since we found him in the jungle after Jess came after us." Karen noted. "We tried all we could to revive him."

Or finish him, sorta. Live or die, ya know...Steve thought. Picturing the various methods...Encouragement, shaking, slapping, cursing, hitting on head with coconut mallet (it works on TV sitcoms I watched as a boy), water board...baths, throwing him in the water, throwing him in the water with a shark near, ice...And that climb was sheer hell, you know...Fish, stinking fish, badly rotted stinking fish in the mouth, dressing him up in Karen's remaining rather foul panties, yelling fire, fire in the face, fire on the arms, having Karen pretend to be his mom calling for him, me pretending to be his mom, calling for him, sticking him with bits of sharp rock or wood, sticking straw up his nose, threatening to pee on him, peeing on him...

Hey, it's a quality of life thing for the poor sot. And he's been quite a burden.

"How could he have survived, you've no IV apparatus?" the Professor frowned. "He's very thin but clearly he hasn't starved."

"I improvised a bamboo pole for a feeding tube..." Karen shrugged, holding up the tube at another straw pallet. "Tried to keep it clean with boiled water."

"Very good." The Professor nodded. "So he can take in some nourishment..."

The bastard sure can...Steve thought, darkly. Now, now, his better side intervened. Todd is our friend, we don't let our friends starve.

And now God or Fate has rewarded us with these new friends who have food and maybe even a boat to leave...

Or just more mouths to feed...His darker side sneered. Or to feed us if we're finally getting wisdom.

They seek the Precious...His dark side insisted. The Precious...

What? His better side, blinking inwardly. What the hell is that?

Food, you idiot! The dark side glared internally.

Well, they've got food.

So they say...And how long can their food last?

I mean, get details, idiot.

"Yeah, he takes some in. Mostly coconut and fish mash. Disgusting but what does he care?" Karen shrugged.

What do I care? Todd fumed internally. I'll show you how I care, you bitch! When I recover if I ever do!

Jess. Jess? How could you do this to me?