"The Isle..." Part XVI...

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part XVI...

The underground Balinkoff complex...

Amanda in a laundered version of her old airline stewardess outfit, she having long preferred it to anything else...Made things seem a little more normal somehow...Wandering the complex's labs as folks scurried about her, she the only one with nothing to do on this crucial morning, not trusted to handle anything vital or of import.

And just right now it all was vital or of import.

She found herself in the main research lab, eyeing the various devices, offering nods to the busy staff who occasionally smiled at her or greeted her, but kept a careful eye on her.

There...The damned transfer booth...Where her descent into chickenhood had begun...

Another mad experiment by the world's leading mad scientist...

Though to be fair, it had saved her life...

Ah, there...Someone who I can talk to, in a somewhat private space, away from the main lab...Who knows me probably as well as I know myself to some extent...She went over.

Henmanda eyeing her from her cage...Yo, sister.

"How are they treatin' you girl?" Amanda cooed to the hen who came up to the bars.

Not so bad, Henmanda thought...A bak-bak the only vocalization. You look better since yesterday, sister.

"What am I gonna do, girl?" Amanda sighed. "I can't stop the launch, I can't release my friends...I can't even pull off an escape."

Bak...Henmanda, giving effort at shrug.

What you gonna do? Though I feel your pain, eyeing the bars...

"Well, come here. At least I can let you out."

Okay...Henmanda looking about as Amanda opened the cage...

"Just playing with my counterpart a second..." she eyed a technician regarding her.

"Ok, fine but stay away from the equipment..." the tech noted.

"You wanna come out and have a walk round?" Amanda gently lifting Henmanda out.

Sure, why not...Just...? Careful stare. Hmmn... No one with a cleaver or mallet.

Ok...She let Amanda hoist her to the floor and began cautiously peering around...Taking a cautious step or two.

"Just don't run or they'll make me put you back in the cage..." Amanda told her.

Fine, just let me stretch a bit...The hen peered about.

Things look busy...

"Balinkoff is about to launch. I have no way to reach Danny or the others or these new people on the Isle..." sigh. "Might as well be in the cage with you."

Bak...Sympathetically...

"Maybe it's for the best...Maybe Balinkoff and Igor are right and this will bring about world peace. I don't know anymore." Amanda shook head, sitting. Henmanda coming up to her.

Bak...Kindly stare.

"I hope you got something out of this..." Amanda eyed the hen. "I guess you did, Igor says your brain was permanently, more or less, expanded."