"The Isle..." Part XII...

"The Isle..."

PG 13

Summary: What "Riverdale" did to "Archie and Jughead" and "Betty and Veronica", I'm doin' to "Gilligan's Isle" ...

Disclaimer: All characters of Gilligan's Isle remain property of that series...Any resemblance of fictional characters to those living or dead is purely coincidental...

Part XII...

After a ten minute rant to no avail, even the ever-patient and somewhat-subservient-to-power Mary a bit put out by his insults to her efforts to placate him... "Who the f- are you? Tell them to get the f- off my boat or you're fired! Hell, you can go with them, you stupid b-!", Crumpt had finally given up and sequestered himself in "Crumpt's Deckspace" occasionally demanding he be fed and someone tell him when the hell a limo or copter would pick him up. The others, too busy greeting the newcomers and helping them get settled or reviewing the day's events or helping with inventory or starting to prepare some means of cooking a dinner, ignoring him, he finally rose in anger and stormed below, demanding in passing that Lovely secure him three cheeseburgers, fries, and some the hell kind of chocolate shake...Only to find...

"Hey, you!" Crumpt screamed up to Lovely on deck. "Somebody put a stiff in my room! Tell 'em to get him the f-out!"

"Fredwyn, the poor man is in a coma." Lovely sighed.

'Hey, you' must be his pet name for her...Ginger, listening from the beach, hissed to Gilligan who smiled sheepishly as he grilled hamburgers on the fire he and the Skipper had built. The Professor having improvised a grill from parts on the Minnow and dried sand bricks. Steve eagerly and blissfully smelling the cooking meat, happily feeding the fire with dry driftwood.

"Screw him! Get him out or I'll...!"

"You'll shut up and leave the fellow alone, Crumpt!" the Skipper cut in from the table on deck where he and the Professor were drawing a map of the known section of the island and making an inventory list. "He needs the bed, it's not your room."

"Goddamn you! I fired you! I want him out, now!" Crumpt had climbed back up on deck, red-faced and puffing from both the unusual exertion and his rage.

"I don't work for you and this is my boat." Raising voice. "In fact, if your folks all don't mind..." Looking about... "I think we better make this clear once and for all. I'm the Skipper and I'm in charge here on this island until we find a rescue unless you folks have a better candidate in mind."

"That's me!" Crumpt cried. "Everyone wants me!"

"Not me!" the Professor, firmly. "The Skipper is best suited for leading us."

"Skipper for me!" Ginger calls from the beach.

"I'm with the Skipper!" Gilligan calls.

"Well, I suppose the Skipper really should be in charge of us." Mary, pondering a moment.

"The Skipper..." Lovely Crumpt nods, shy smile to the Professor.

"You worthless...!" Crumpt bellows, glaring at her. She eyeing him steadily till he looks away.

"Now, of course you new folks, Karen, Steve, have a say..." the Skipper calls.

"Yeah...What'll you take to vote my way!" Crumpt calls, waving fist in air. "I'm taking America and this island back!"

Didn't know he owned either...Ginger grins to Gilligan.

"Could be worse...It could be trump." Gilligan notes.

Uh...Well...Steve thought. I have been sharing the leadership with Karen among our little band of three...But this fellow Grumbie is a ship captain and it is his boat, which I do not wish to be ejected from...