Chapter 4

"Be my experimental girlfriend." Brandon stared at me for any response or reaction.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you well." I said, although I clearly heard what he said.

"Experimental girlfriend. You know, for me to learn how to be boyfriend material." Brandon muttered in a low voice.

"You gotta be kidding me. I'm not agreeing to be a test subject of some stupid not-so-scientific experiment. That's actually beyond stupid." I scoffed and returned my gaze onto the TV again, shoving some cheeseballs into my mouth. I heard a faint huff before the boy's figure blocked my view of the TV to get my attention on him.

"What the hell Brandon?! Move away I can't see the TV!" I screamed.

"I'm not moving an inch until you agree to help me." He pouted. "Please Kara I really need to get together with Tina. I think she likes me too."

"Look Brandon," I began, giving up twisting sideways trying to get a glimpse of the TV to face the guy, "I get that you really like her but what the heck is even 'experimental girlfriend'? I'll help you when you come up with an actual plan." I threw my hands in the air.

"You just have to help me learn how to wow a girl until I impress Tina and officially ask her out. I promise I'll pay you back big time."

Brandon sat down on the floor in front of me cross legged and took my hands in both of his, showing me puppy eyes. He knew the only way to get me do something stupid was to bribe me with a deal I couldn't refuse.

The last time he asked for something, Brandon had to dance to nursery rhymes for one hour. That was the price he had to pay me not to sell him out to his dad for using his money to get a Captain America figurine.

"And how exactly will you pay me back?" I rolled my eyes, thinking to myself why I would even hear him out in the first place.

"I'll be your minion for a whole month." He said.

"Three."

"Two."

"Two and a half."

"No! Two!!"

"Good luck with your crush then." I tried to stand up only to be dragged down again by Brandon. He narrowed his eyes at me for a moment.

"Okay two and a half." He finally gave in reluctantly making me smirk at my little victory.

"You better keep your word or else I'll make you feel my wrath." I threatened.

"As if you're not doing it right now." He muttered under his breath, looking at the floor.

"You know you're close enough for me to hear everything you mutter right?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Urgh whatever." He got up from the floor and plopped down on the couch again. I smiled and turned on a horror movie for both of us to watch.

Brandon and I turned the lights off after we watched the movie and went upstairs. We parted ways to go to our rooms. Brandon had been here often so the guest bedroom was simply his. It even had a closet full of his clothes so packing clothes whenever we had a sleepover was not on his to do list.

I closed my bedroom door and did my night routine. I switched on the phone before climbing onto bed and the 'bing bing' sound that my phone made when it got a message was filling my room non-stop for solid three minutes.

I checked to see from whom I had received so many texts and saw 23 unread messages from Brandon and 8 from Zayn. The calls I had missed were just the same. 13 from Brandon and 3 from Zayn. I was surprised and felt guilty for making them worry about me so much but it felt good knowing that there were people who really care for me. I decided to send a text to Zayn to inform him that I was okay.

Hey Zayn! I'm sorry I missed your calls and msgs. I was asleep and I had my phone switched off. -

- It's alright I'm glad you're fine. I was worried when you didn't answer or reply to my texts

I'm really sorry for worrying you -

- That's okay😋

- Oh my god please just get me outta here please

Why what happened? -

- My aunts are torturing my cheeks saying how handsome I have turned out from a grumpy chubby boy. I can't take it anymore!!

- I hate it when people pinch my cheeks

- AAAAAHHHH😫😫

Sorry not sorry Zayn but I can't help you with that😽 -

- My mom even made me wear a tux saying it's a formal gathering

What's so bad about wearing a tux? -

- It's not bad but it's the worst when you're the only one wearing a tux in a room of a dozen men exactly your age wearing casual shirt and jeans!!!

Okay now that's really bad -

- I know!!😭😭

- Hey I gotta go. Mom's calling. Bye! See ya

Okay bye! Try to have fun! -

I silently prayed for Zayn's family gathering to become amusing for him before putting my phone away and staring at the ceiling. I was getting pensive about the absurd request Brandon had made just some hours ago. My mind was full of questions.

Why the hell did I even agree to become his so-called 'experimental girlfriend? I don't even know what that means.

What am I supposed to do now?

How is this going to help Brandon get together with Tina?

Am I to teach him how to impress a girl?

Ugh this better be good Brandon or else I'm gonna eat you alive.

I shook my head as it started filling up with questions that didn't have any answers and turned to my side to sleep. I really needed it so I could start the next day just as normally as I did before. But one thing kept coming back to my mind even in my dreams.

What the heck is 'experimental girlfriend'?!

[A/N]
I'd like to apologize for anyone who felt offended or hurt by the word 'slave' I had used before in the chapter. I truly didn't think much of it until a few readers' comments caught my attention and I promise I'll take note of my wording from here on so it won't happen in the future. Again, I'm really sorry and I hope you'll forgive me this time.

2022/01/06