¤ ~ Surprise ~ ¤

"You serious?!" Zayn broke into a huge grin while taking my hand in both of his to squeeze it like a sponge.

"You-you're not kidding are you?" Heidi cocked an eyebrow, looking at me suspiciously.

"Why would I be kidding about that?" I giggled at the sweet reactions of my friends.

"Umm because you're the Kara Smith. Duh." Zayn rolles his eyes playfully.

"Foster." Heidi corrected him with a smile.

"Yeah right. Kara Foster." Zayn said making me chuckle.

"You can think what you want but just so you know, I'm not joking. I'm super serious." I took my cup of coffee and sipped on it, enjoying the unique taste it had.

"Is coffee even good for you?" Heidi pointed out and looked at Zayn for some help.

"I'm a guy, why would you ask me that?!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"Is it not?" I immediately stopped drinking and stared at both of them in front of me.

"Ah yeah it's totally cool unless there's too much caffeine." My work buddy stated after looking it up on the internet.

"Why are you girls so scared? Just chill it's a cup of coffee." Zayn scoffed making me and Heidi glare at him.

"Easy for you to say. Be a girl for a month and see if you can handle it." I raised an eyebrow at Zayn in a challenging manner.

"Why a month?"

"Are you that dumb?" Heidi asked as she slapped Zayn's shoulder.

"Anyway," the guy spoke up trying to change the subject, "does Brandon know all these?"

"Nope. I don't know how to tell it. Like, I can't just say it casually, it's too plain for something like this." I shrugged and looked at my friends hoping to get some assistance.

"Oh... how about a surprise party?" Heidi suggested.

"Nah.. Too much work." I grinned sheepishly, Heidi rolling her eyes.

"Just tell him over dinner. Simple." Zayn was the one to speak this time, sipping his own drink.

"Maybe I will. I dunno and I gotta go now. Brandon will be back in an hour."

I glanced at my wrist watch before looking up to meet my friends' eyes for a brief moment, apologetically excusing myself out of the cafe to walk to the main road and hail a taxi to go home without any exhaustion. My mind drifted off to various possibilities of Brandon's reactions after I tell him the news.

Will he be happy?

Of course he will, what am I even thinking!

I wonder how he'll react...

How do I tell him though...

I couldn't figure out I had fallen asleep while thinking until the driver woke me up after arriving at the destination, our home. Once I got down from the yellow car as I settled the fare, my feet dragged me to the elevator of the building.

*Ding*

The elevator doors opened to reveal that I was the only one to use it from the ground floor. I was glad because I hate getting cramped in with a swarm of sweaty people and getting crushed into a corner.

Now don't try to pretend, we all are like that.

The doors were almost closed when a hand stopped it at the last minute, forcing them to open again.

"Brandon?"

My eyes widened at the sight of my husband in front of me in his office suit. No need to lie, he looks marvelous in that.

"I called you from the door but you didn't hear." He said, getting into the small space, breathing heavily indicating that he had ran to the elevator.

"You're early." I pointed out with a smile.

"Yup. I missed you so I left early." Brandon side hugged me and kissed my temple lovingly, making me giggle.

"Stop being so cheesy. Plus, you stink." I pushed him away and covered my nose to make him annoyed.

The elevator 'ding'-ed again signaling it was our floor. We got out and went to our apartment closing the door behind us. Brandon went straight to the bathroom to take a shower and change out of his work attire while I relaxed on the couch for a bit before doing the same and coming out to make dinner.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and a gentle kiss on the base of my neck while I stirred the dish on the stove. None of us said anything and just stayed that way in the kitchen until I turned off the stove and spun around in Brandon's arms.

"Were you and your father close when you were young?" I asked him and a genuine look of confusion took over Brandon's face but he didn't move.

"That was random." He chuckled. "Yeah we were really close back then. We did loads of fun things together."

"Really? Like what?"

"Well we went fishing in the lake and he taught me to ride a bicycle. I remember building my first sandcastle with him." Brandon gave me a dreamy smile at the reminder of his sweet childhood.

"Would you mind doing those all over again?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes.

"Why would I do those aga- WAIT!!" His jaw dropped and his grip around me tightened as his eyes grew in size. "You're... Yo-you're pr-pregnant?!"

I nodded my head yes with a grin that kept getting wider and wider uncontrollably. Brandon took some more time to process the news before hugging me like his life depended on it, squishing me with joy.

"Brandon you're suffocating me."

I chuckled before he let go and stared at me again, not speaking a word.

"Say something will you?" I said.

"I can't!! I'm so happy I dunno what to say!!!" He smiled really really really widely just before hugging me again. "I love you so much Kara. I really do."

"I love you too."

"Have you thought of any names?" Brandon broke the hug and asked.

"Nope. I wanted to do it with you." I smiled again and slightly yelped when he swept me off my feet, lifting me bridal style to the couch and sitting me on his lap.

"Let's come up with four girl names and four boy names." Brandon stated, playing with my hair as I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Why four of each? Isn't it too many?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What if it's quadruplets? We gotta be ready for anything." He said ever so casually.

Quadruplets?!

I can't even imagine what's going through his mind...

He's not wrong though...

Gosh I love this dork!

[A/N]
I hope I didn't confuse you with too many dialogues. Please vote if you enjoyed😁❤ Stay safe and healthy~