¤ ~ Luckiest Girl ~ ¤

I ran down to the bathroom not stopping to even close the door as I hovered over the toilet bowl to empty my stomach.

Oh gosh when will this end...

It was already the second time today, all because of a stupid yoghurt I had eaten earlier not knowing it was expired. I tried to close the door upon hearing little footsteps running into the room while I continued to vomit aggressively but failed to do so, causing five years old Josh to see his mother's miserable state.

"Mommy! Are you okay?!" He ran down to me and held onto my arm softly.

"I'm okay baby. I'm alright." I reassured him, standing up and flushing the toilet before I washed my face and mouth.

"Let's call daddy." Josh suggested with concern to which I shook my head.

"He's at work now we'll tell him later okay? We can't disturb him when he's busy now can we?"

"No mommy. You told me that's rude." He said apologetically which made me go all soft and ruffle his hair making him giggle sweetly.

I heard my phone ringing in the bedroom so I went there to answer it, a small smile tugging at my lips seeing it was from Brandon. I sat on the edge of the bed with Josh on my lap who was whining to sit there before answering the call.

"Hey hubby."

"Hello wifey." Brandon giggled at himself. "I called to say I'm coming early today so let's go out to eat. Don't tell Josh I wanna surprise him."

"Okay great!"

I glanced at Josh who was hugging my waist like his life depended on it and looking at me expectantly.

"So everything good?"

"Yeah all is we-"

"Daddy, mommy is sick!!"

My son cut me off midway to shout into the phone making me baffled.

"What? You are?! Kara why didn't you tell me!! Are you okay? What happened?!"

Brandon started panicking over the phone.

"See, this is the exact reason why I didn't tell you. You get scared for no reason. I just have a bad stomach, don't worry about it."

I told Brandon while looking over at Josh a bit sternly. After telling me to take care until he comes home, Brandon hung up the phone.

"Baby I told you not to tell him now. You made him scared. Also, don't cut someone off when talking alright?" I gently stroked Josh's hair to let him know I'm not mad.

"Sorry mommy."

"It's okay honey. What should we do until daddy comes home?" I kissed his forehead lovingly and picked him up, going to the kitchen.

"Let's bake cookies and surprise daddy!!" Josh exclaimed while throwing his hands in the air after I sat him on the kitchen counter.

Both of them are gonna surprise each other... Nothing can get cuter than this...

"Cookies it is then." I announced and started making the batter for the food.

Josh started singing nursery rhymes and the theme song of his favourite cartoon on TV while I made the cookie batter and put it in the oven to bake. Although my forehead was sweating slightly for some reason, I ignored it and continued to work. I was washing the bowls I used to mix when he stopped singing suddenly and I glanced to see him smiling sheepishly at me.

"Why are you smiling like that baby? Is there something on my face?" I asked and rubbed my forearm over my face to wipe off whatever was there.

"Why aren't you resting?" Brandon's voice startled me from behind as his arms gave me a tight back hug.

"I didn't hear you coming." I said smiling although he couldn't see.

"There's no way, Josh's songs were echoing through the hallways even." Brandon chuckled before releasing me and going over to our son to pick him up and shower him with soft kisses while I finished washing the bowls.

"You sing so well baby."

"Thanks daddy!" Josh put his little arms around Brandon's neck cutely at the compliment.

"And that's why daddy has a little gift for you, right?" I directed my question towards my husband to let him know it's time for the surprise.

"Yep. Your songs are so very beautiful that I brought you this BIG chocolate!"

He took out a chocolate from his pocket and gave it to Josh who grasped at the delightful treat, while putting him down. The little boy started dancing around the living room, hugging the mega sized chocolate.

"Brandon, what happened to your plan to eat out? I didn't even prep to make dinner." I whispered.

"We're not going anywhere when you're like this Kara. You're burning up!" Brandon placed his cold right hand on my forehead.

Oh that's why in was sweating!

"You sure we don't need to see a doctor?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm sure. But what about din-"

"Don't worry about anything. Just go to bed and rest. I'll take care of it."

"But you just came ho-" He cut me off with a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'm gonna shut you up every time you talk. Would you like to continue?" Brandon smiled slyly, wiggling his eyebrows. As much as I wanted to keep going so he would make me stop talking, I had to shut up for the sake of or five years old son.

I went to the room and laid down on the bed, glad that I could get some rest finally. Brandon came to the room to change out of his office clothes and left after giving me a kiss. I heard some clattering from the kitchen meaning that the father and son were ruining the place but I shrugged it off with a smile. It was really sweet to see them spend time together.

The boys came to the room holding a tray of food that undeniably made my mouth water at the sight.

"Dinner's ready!" Brandon announced.

"With mommy's cookies for dessert!" Josh added excitedly.

"I could've come to eat you know." I chuckled while Josh climbed into the bed and settled down beside me.

"Yeah I know. But I didn't want you to. Josh agreed too."

Brandon set down the food on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the mattress, once again checking my temperature.

"Your fever's going down. You'll be all better once you taste my Chicken Alfredo. Consider yourself lucky 'cause not anyone can taste my amazing food." Brandon kept on bragging making me roll my eyes.

"It's not like I haven't tasted it, Branny." I teased him, raising my eyebrow.

I had to admit though, this time, his cooking could've been on another level if he hadn't forgotten to add salt to the dish. He blamed it on too many distractions from Josh who stuck his tongue at his father at the comment. Once I was done with the food, Brandon offered to do the dishes and I agreed as that was one of the things I hated the most in my life and would do anything not to do it. I cuddled with Josh until Brandon came back to the room and closed the door.

"What did I miss?" He got onto the bed and under the blankets.

"Tons of cuddling with mommy." Josh spread his arms to imitate the word 'tons'.

How come everything he does is so cute!!

"I wouldn't mind some cuddling." Brandon said pulling me close to him until my back hit his chest and tugging the blanket over the three of us.

We all fell asleep like that, hugging each other tightly and lovingly. Brandon was right indeed, I'm really lucky.

I am the luckiest girl in the world with these two by my side...