Chapter 12

<Kara's POV>

"What are you staring at?" Zayn asked, looking in the direction where my eyes were fixed. "Oh."

Brandon was facing his back to me so I didn't know what his facial expression was but I could clearly see Tina talking on and on about something which I highly doubt was anything other than herself.

"Hello!! Earth to Kara!" Zayn poked my cheek and I turned to him, giving a shy smile.

"Sorry I was just surprised to see those two there."

"It's okay. But if you feel uncomfortable or anything, we can leave."

Why would I get uncomfortable?

Not that I care that my best friend is in the same diner as me with his so-called crush blabbering nonstop about something.

"No, it's okay. I need to use the washroom real quick."

I said to Zayn while standing up, eyeing the couple who had no idea we were there as well. After using the restroom which I asked the directions to from a waitress, I walked back to the booth, fixing my top that was a bit lifted up.

Suddenly I crashed onto someone just as I heard Zayn's voice yelling "Kara watch out!!" but there was no time for me to even process the situation.

I had bumped into a waiter who was delivering some drinks to a customer and I landed on the floor soaked in the drinks. My forearm collided with a corner of a table as I fell.

Everyone gasped and stared at me like I was an alien from another planet.

Have you gotten late to school and while you walk to your seat everyone just stares at you like you killed someone? It was something similar to that.

What, haven't seen someone have a bit of an accident before?!

Who am I kidding, there not a lot of people who get soaked in liquor after crashing with a waiter.

"Oh my god Kara! Are you okay?!" I looked up to see the person and saw Brandon knelt in front of me.

Great.

The last thing I wanted to do was to ruin his date.

"Uh y-yeah yeah I a-am okay."

I got onto my feet with the help of Zayn and Brandon on each side of me. My eyes wandered around the room which were filled with people who were looking at me and I caught the sight of Tina. My blood started to boil.

She was holding back a laugh.

What is her problem with me?!

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No Zayn I'm fine. Let's go home." I turned to him with a get-me-outta-here look and thank god he understood.

"Err.... um.... w-wea-wear this." Brandon extended his denim jacket to me, looking everywhere but my direction. He looked shy.

Hold up-

He looked shy?

I was confused as to why he was doing this and seeing that I didn't take the jacket, he scoffed. His eyes landed on some of the men in the room before hastily putting his jacket over my upper body, covering my torso.

That's when it hit me.

My top was wet because of the drinks and it had become a bit see-through!

I felt my cheeks burning up but I wasn't sure if it was because of the embarrassment or the close proximity between me and my best friend.

"You're a girl for God's sake stupido!" Brandon muttered under his breath only for me to hear as he fastened the buttons on the jacket himself. "You want me to drop you off?"

"Ah no it's fine I'll go with Zayn."

Zayn and I left the diner quickly after Zayn requested a take-out and paid for the inconvenience caused. I didn't forget to shoot another death glare at Tina before walking out and we silently got onto Zayn's car.

We didn't talk until Zayn dropped me off at my house. I thanked him, taking the takeout he handed me and watched as his car turn at the end of the street. I went straight to my room after letting my parents know that I was back.

Before anything else, I was very hungry so I ate the food Zayn gave me and put the containers away. After that, I showered to get the liqour smell off me and it took about an hour. Next 20 minutes were spent on staring at the jacket Brandon gave me and the whole incident at the diner.

My mood was bitter when I recalled the laugh that Tina was suppressing when I got up from the floor with the help of Zayn and Brandon. I knew there was something in her that seemed odd.

If she keeps this up, I'm gonna have to tell Brandon that he'll have to let Tina go no matter how much he likes her.

I can't let him get together with a bit-

Just then the door of my room swung open, revealing the might-be-future-boyfriend of the person I was thinking.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry there was something in my ear. Can you repeat?"

Brandon acted as if he was trying to get something off his ear and I scoffed. He smiled and sat beside me on the bed, only inches away.

"Do you even know what personal space is?" I threw my hands in the air not forgetting to raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah why?"

"Well can you see there's so much space for you to move away?"

"Yeah why?"

Am I the only one getting Olaf vibes here?

"Then can you move away a bit?"

"No why?"

"Stop asking why and just go away! I'm a girl who needs lots of personal space." I pushed him away from me and crossed arms over my chest. Brandon started laughing.

"Says the one who didn't even realize her top was see-through. And personal space? Pffftt as if you have any secret I don't know."

"Why are you here?" I tried to change the subject.

"To get my jacket back of course." He snatched the denim jacket that was lying on my lap.

I thought he was here to see if I'm okay...

I pouted and looked away, a bit angry at Brandon for not checking on me.

"Quit pouting. Of course I came here to see if you're okay." He put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face him. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Now you ask! After more than an hour!!" I snapped and tried to shake away his hands off me but failed.

"Show me."

I was reluctant at first but showed him the scratch in my forearm. A lot of blood had washed off when I was taking a shower but it was a but swollen and red, new blood coming out slowly.

"Wait here I'll get the bandages." Brandon said and went to search the bathroom cabinet befor returning with the stuff he wanted.

He once again sat beside me and applied the disinfectant on my scratch very gently, stopping whenever I slightly winced in pain. After putting some cotton and placing some plasters on it, he was finished.

"All done. Does it hurt anymore?"

"Nope. Thanks." I said as I examined my arm where now was covered in cotton and plasters. "Aren't you gonna go home?"

"Nah I'll just crash in here today." Brandon lied down on the bed on his back and stretched his arms. I giggled and did the same.

It didn't take much time for us to fall asleep beside each other.

[A/N]
First time seeing my first online friend yesterday was one of the most nervous moments I've had in my life and it just turned out to be so cool and unbelievable❤