Chapter 15

"What are you doing here?"

I jumped at the sudden voice beside me and tripped as I backed away from Zayn who was only inches away from me. I would've landed flat on my butt if he hadn't caught me in his arms just the right time and pulled me in hard against his chest.

This made it worse.

Now we were more closer than before, our faces so close that I could feel Zayn's hot breath fanning my face rhythmically, causing me to stare at his amazingly sharp jawline and gulp. I was frozen and didn't know what to do or say and Zayn also kept his silence, staring right at my eyes.

"What the heck?"

Someone said behind us and I immediately pushed away the guy who had his arms around my waist this entire time. I turned to the person and saw Brandon and Tina, my best friend giving me a we-need-to-talk-about-this-later look.

Avoiding eye contact with everyone, especially Zayn, I cleared my throat awkwardly and told Brandon that Mr.Wood was looking for him. He just nodded and gave me one last look before going back to the class with Tina, me trying to follow them until Zayn grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, eyes full of concern and fondness.

"Uh... yea-yeah I'm good. Um... uh... th-thanks for catching me before I fell."

Why the hell am I stuttering?!

"Always." He said and let my hand go, smiling till his eyes became little crescents making me go all soft.

I smiled back and ran after the couple to explain the lie I used on Mr.Wood so they could play along. We returned to the class and luckily Mr.Wood didn't inquire anything.

The lessons went by until it was finally lunch time and I packed my stuff before going to the door to have some food in the cafeteria but was halted by Brandon's voice.

"Kara wait up! I'm coming with ya!"

He came up to me, carrying the books securely in one hand and swiping his hair back using the other.

Okay now I see why literally every girl here is crazy for him.

"Aren't you gonna spend your lunch with Tina?" I asked, standing on my toes to take a look over Brandon's shoulder at Tina who was still sitting on her chair looking really pissed.

"Nah I told you, I wanna spend some quality time with you. Let's go!"

He swung an arm over my shoulder and dragged me over to our lockers to place the books. After that was done we went to the cafeteria talking about random things and sat in an empty table with our food trays.

"So what happened back there? With Zayn I mean."

I choked.

Brandon handed me his water bottle and I drank lots of it before answering. "Don't drink it all idiot! Leave some for meee!!"

"Nothing happened." I firmly stated, trying to control my blush. "I was going to fall and he caught me. That's it."

"Why was he leaning in then?"

He was?

"He was NOT leaning in!"

Or was he?

I didn't have any clear thought at that moment to see if he was leaning in.

"When did you become blind?" Brandon narrowed his eyes at me while shoving a piece of steak into his mouth.

When Zayn pulled me into his chest.

Wait what?!

"I'm not blind. You're the one to talk! I heard what you said to Tina that time!" I pointed out hoping to drive the attention away from me and Zayn.

"What did I do?!" He yelled looking surprised as to what was going on.

"Don't play dumb. I saw how you had Tina trapped in the locker hall and I heard what you said to her. About 'holding it in'." I cocked an eyebrow, trying to sound like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Oh my god you're thinking the wrong way. That wasn't what it looked like." Brandon threw his arms in the air to show his frustration.

"Uh huh? Okay then. FYI, I didn't think you were that type. You could've at least told me." I played with my food, not looking at the guy seated in front of me.

"I told you it's not what it looked like. And I'm not the type you're thinking. You're my best friend! You ought to know better!!"

"Yeah yeah whatever let's just drop the topic." I muttered and he agreed, both not wanting to lead it onto a huge fight.

The lunch time slowly came to an end and I saw Zayn playing around with his team members at the basketball table as usual. I waved to them before I left the cafeteria with Brandon to the locker hall to get the books and materials needed for the rest of the day.

When we got to the class, Tina was chatting with two girls who were known to be the most posh in the entire school. I've seen those two mocking random girls who didn't wear expensive and ridiculously tight and short clothes like them or who didn't have the latest phone model.

They stared at me disgustingly from head to toe as I entered the class with Brandon.

"We gotta go Tina. Ta ta~" The girl who had purple straight hair waved at Tina in a not-so-normal manner as if she was a princess.

"Bye Lyla! Bye Kacie! Meet you at my place today then." Tina waved back to the girls and they sashayed their way out of the classroom after giving me another sour face.

I ignored them and sat on my seat next to Brandon. He turned to me to say something but glancing at Tina once, he took out his phone to text me instead.

😎Brandon😎

- Be ready at 3 today. I'm coming to pick you up

Sure👍 -

- Wear something cute like that day😉

No way!😌 -

- You leave me with no choice then😧

What choice?! -

- You don't need to know. Just wait for me and new plan, I'm coming at 2.45

You're not gonna listen even if I say no so whatever😒 -

- The teacher's at the door. Put away the phone and take the project out

Okay give me a sec -

Contact name changed from 😎Brandon😎 to Branny😜

[A/N]
I've written up to chapter 24 till now and I think I'm happy with how the story turned out. How about you?