Chapter 24

"You sure this is your first time bowling?!" Zayn threw his hands in the air for dramatic effects.

"For the eighth time Zayn, YES!" I rolled my eyes with a smile as I sat down on a seat nearby to drink some water.

"And yet you knocked all the pins for the fourteenth time?! In a row?!"

"I didn't count." I laughed at his golf ball sized eyes.

"I'm hungry. Should we get something to eat in the snack bar?"

"Sounds good."

This was the second date Zayn took me to. He had picked a bowling alley so we both could have a fun time together. He was really good at bowling but somehow I revealed to be better than him even though it was my first time.

We went to the snack bar and picked up something to munch on before going to a table at the corner. It had been hours since I ate so it was really refreshing.

"I noticed that you're so relaxed and happier these days. Did something happen?" He asked while opening a can of soda for me.

"Yeah you could say that. Brandon is done with Tina." I chuckled to myself from happiness, recalling the first incident between them after that day.

~ Flashback ~

I was taking out the books I need for the first few lessons with Brandon when a high pitched voice came from behind. I cringed and heard Brandon sighing.

"Hiii Branny~"

"What do you want?" Brandon turned to her with a scowl that was making his cold expression even more icy.

"Let's go to class together!" Tina squealed clapping her hands together.

"Are you really human? How can you casually talk to me after what you said yesterday?!"

"Oh c'mon Branny, would you like it if I ever called you to go to someone's gave?"

"It's not just 'someone' for me Tina. They're precious to me. And you just... I'm really done with you. Don't talk to me again." I could see that Brandon was trying so hard not to kill her then and there.

"You're getting so worked up over nothing Branny~. Just loosen up." Tina kept on talking as if all this wasn't a big deal.

"Kara, you said you wanted to kill at first sight right? Here's your chance." With that, he turned to leave.

"Are you serious?! I can do whatever I want with her?!" I looked at him with delighted eyes like a kid who got a giant plushie for her birthday.

"On second thought, NO! I don't want you to be a lowlife like her. Let's go."

Oooo burn! Way to go bestie!!

"That was some savage words yo! Cool!!" I playfully hit Brandon's arm as we walked to the class.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"Wow that's good news I guess." Zayn said.

"You guess?! It's the best news I've heard in months!" I exclaimed. "I was getting really pissed off because of Tina and now that she's out of Brandon's life, I can finally breath peacefully. Brandon deserves so much better. Him being with someone like Tina just made my skin crawl actually."

Zayn stared at me intently for sometime, eyes full of something I couldn't figure out. "Kara let me ask you something but you have to answer this honestly okay?"