Chapter 28

<Brandon's POV>

I was wandering in the school grounds looking for Kara to go home. Me and her had a bit of a fight over a Pink Panther episode we watched the other day. I was arguing that Pink Panther is always too harsh on Big Nose and pretending he's the only good guy while she argued that's he's not.

So in the end, she stomped off to somewhere which I was so sure, not home. She should be sulking in a place where I'd have to go and apologize for something I didn't do. But I always did, remembering how Olivia did the same but she did it whenever I would do something wrong.

How I miss Olivia...

Kara was always there to fill the void of her and she adapted herself to be like Olivia so I wouldn't be missing out on her much.

She really became my sister and mother as she promised...

I looked for her in the classrooms and the cafeteria but she was not there.

That's strange...

She's always in the cafeteria when we fight...

Mind filling up with various possibilities, some which that scared me to the bone, I ran around the school until I heard a scream for help. My blood felt like water as I started running to the direction that the screams were emitting from.

No no no no no!!

Please don't be her!!!

Kara is not the type to get in trouble. She is capable of protecting herself from the school bullies and sending them off with just a glare. She could fight them off better than me even. I came to a halt at the corner of the dark alleyway and stood frozen for a few seconds at the scene before me.

Two men were hovering above Kara who was trapped onto the wall with her hands struggling to be free from one of the guys' grip. He was kissing her neck with force, ignoring her protests to be let go.

She could protect herself...

Unless...

It's a couple of fully grown men with unholy desires...

It took me another second to catch a glimpse of another girl standing a few feet far from me, with a phone in her hand that was recording that men harassing Kara.

Tina you bitc-

"You dare to bite me?!" My thoughts were interrupted with one of the men's growl and before I could take one step forward, he slapped her.

He.

Slapped.

Her.

This was all happening really fast and before I knew it, my had carried me to deep into the alley and I turned that man to face me, throwing a punch in the face at the same time. The other one who was gawking at Kara's half-revealed body on the ground faced me with surprise and tried to beat me up. I didn't realize I had hit him until he was on the floor.

Not waiting one second I climbed on top of him and thrashed his face with all my might before I was drawn back by someone. Looking over my shoulder and verifying it was the other man, my hand twisted his own so I would break free from his grip and knocked him to the ground. He hit his head from the impact and lost consciousness.

My eyes darted to where Tina was before and started to panic seeing that she had fled the scene. I was not ready to let her go that easily. Not this time. But I had to take Kara to the hospital really quickly. I was torn between two decisions and I wanted Kara to be the priority.

"Kara! Kara are you okay? Open your eyes!!"

I gently shook her but she was not waking up. I almost cried then and there but I wanted to be strong for her. I removed my jacket and covered her upper body with it before picking her up bridal style to take to the hospital.

"What is- KARA!!!" Zayn ran into me when I was leaving the school and the color drained from his face as I briefly explained the situation, not stopping my hasty steps.

Good thing there aren't any students at this time.

"Have you seen Tina?" I asked him and he shook his head with disappointment.

*Ting*

"Wait it's my team mate." He said and opened the message.

Wait?!

You want me to wait now?!

How stupid of a request is that?!

"Mark had seen Tina!!" He shouted from the place he halted a few feet back. That made me stop and turn to face him.

"Place."

"She ran into the... janitor's closet?" He pronounced, looking at his phone screen with a bewildered and puzzled look.

"You go get her and make sure to take her phone. It has the recording. She might delete it so you have to hurry." I blabbered out swiftly.

"I think you should get her. She's your gir-"

"She's not! Never was and never will be!!" I cut him off. I looked over to Kara's face that was resting on my chest.

I want to get Tina myself but I wanna be with you now...

I'll...

I'll be there when you wake up...

I promise...

I gotta secure your safety first...

I handed her over to Zayn gently and kissed her forehead before running off to the school again.

The janitor's closet was near the entrance of the locker hall so it didn't get much time for me to get there. I swung the door open and there she was, watching something in her phone with a evil smile. She hid the phone behind her as soon as she saw me but Tina was no match for me.

¤ ~ ☆ ☆ ☆ ~ ¤

After turning her in to the police and asking the officers to get those guys arrested as well, I ran towards the hospital again. My heart was beating really fast but I knew it wasn't because of all the running and fighting I did.

It was because of her.

Zayn had messaged me Kara's room number so it was easy to find.

"307... 307..." Chanting the room number I ran through the hallways and finally found it.

"OH MY GOD KARA!!" I barged in.

[A/N]
Sorry if it's rubbish. I was interrupted midway a couple of times so my thoughts were scattered. And I know, I suck at writing fighting scenes. I'll improve by time.