Chapter 11

<Brandon's POV>

I was starting to get an odd feeling about Tina since some weeks back.

Why?

I don't know. But what I definitely know is that how she talked to Kara that day was not acceptable.

Kara was just asking for a pen and we weren't even talking at the time and Tina's sarcastic remark was too much. Sure she's my crush but what's wrong is wrong. That's why I defended Kara without thinking twice. 

She's my best friend ever since I can remember and I will not let anyone harm her in anyway.

Since I had already asked Tina to go to the movies with me Saturday, I went to pick her up at the promised time. I rang the doorbell and was waiting for her to appear like a cute angel just the way Kara did that day.

Wait what?!

I did NOT see Kara as a cute angel!

Okay maybe I did a teensy bit but she's just my best friend. That's it!

Get your act together Brandon! You're with Tina now.

The door opened after a few minutes and I turned to see Tina standing there but not the way I expected.

Although she was wearing a casual dress, in my opinion, it was kind of inappropriate. Her top was skin tight just like her black short. I was wondering what trick was she using to breath. 

If I was being honest, that outfit was more like something you'd wear when you go clubbing than a friendly date

If I was being honest, that outfit was more like something you'd wear when you go clubbing than a friendly date. Then there was me, in my favorite white hoodie and my denim jacket. 

"You... uh.. you look great!" I didn't know what else I was supposed to say.

Other guys might want their girls to look sexy but I don't.

I like the cute type, like Kara that day.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

Nonetheless I smiled at her, forcing myself not to pay attention to her attire. She smiled at me twirling her already-curled hair around a finger. We set off in my car and I turned on some music. I thought I heard a 'tch' but when I looked  at Tina she was looking out of the window so thinking that I heard wrong, I shrugged it away.

We were at the movie theater finally and after buying a sugar-free coke for Tina and a Pepsi for me, I paid for the food. Apparently, Tina only drinks sugar-free drinks to maintain her figure.

I was surprised when she objected on buying popcorn to munch on while watching the movie. I was reminded of how Kara insisted on having popcorn as 'it wouldn't be a real experience without any popcorn'. 

My mind was contrasting the two versions of the same date I was having.

Then it was time to pick out the movie. As Kara suggested I let Tina select the movie she wanted to watch. "What genre are you going for?" I asked, scanning the new action movies on the list.

"Romance of course." She replied in a 'duh' voice and before I could say anything she went to buy the tickets for Titanic.

I can't believe they still show Titanic here. I've been watching it since I was five and It makes me sick after countless times I've seen it.

Tina waited at the counter looking at me and I took out my wallet and paid. We then went inside and took our seats. There were not much people, considering that this was a really old movie. Tina took out her phone and started texting someone.

"Haven't you already watched Titanic before?" I asked her, hoping to initiate a conversation till the movie started.

"Yeah." Tina said lazily, without bothering to lift her eyes from the phone screen.

"Then why did you choose it?" 

"Because it's romantic."

Getting the hint that she will continue to text with whoever was online and didn't want to talk with me, I shut up and tried to think about something else to kill time. Kara's voice echoed in my mind.

''What's the point of going on a date with your partner if you're gonna end up watching something the other doesn't like? It'd be torture for the significant other. But since I like action movies, my partner won't have to suffer forcing himself to watch something cringy and we both can enjoy the movie together.''

Kara has changed so much. She was shy at first but got really annoying at times after I got to know her well. I can't even believe she has a deep thinking side to her.

The movie started and Tina put away her phone at last. I was clearly not having fun like I had with Kara as I could almost remember every single line in the movie after watching it so many times. I turned my face away from Tina so she wouldn't see the huge yawn I let out. 

I really envy Kara's future boyfriend... Whoever that might be...

I felt something wrap around my arm and a weight on my shoulder. I looked at my arm to see Tina's own ones wrapped around it and her head resting on my shoulder. She even wiped a tear away which I was surprised to see as it was just the iconic scene of Jack and Rose at the front deck of the ship.

Fake

The one word came into my mind instantly and I couldn't shake it off. I didn't know why I thought like that but there was this odd feeling that kept coming back to me.

I got reminded of how she ignored me before the movie started and my mind began with the comparison again.

Finally after what felt like a decade to me, the movie ended and we left the cinema to have dinner. It wasn't a fancy restaurant but a homey diner with delicious food. I used to come here with my parents when I was little.

The smell is just like how I used to remember...Warm and cozy...

"Oh my gosh this place is so small." Tina remarked with a crumpled face, looking around the diner. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a but hurt. Maybe she was looking forward to go to a five star restaurant.

"But you'll love the food here. The lady who owns this place is really nice." I formed my right hand into a thumbs-up.

"Hmm...Let's see."

The food arrived and I thanked the waitress before digging in. Tina kept on talking and talking about the 'unforgettable incidents' in her life which included having her first kiss when she was in middle school, drinking with her friends and sneaking out at night from her parents house to go to parties.

Frankly speaking, the more I got to know her, the more that odd feeling started to grow along with the comparisons that my mind's been constantly doing since the moment we went inside the cinema. 

Kara would never do something like sneaking out at night to go to parties. She's more likely to sleep until 3pm wearing her lion onesie.

The picture of Kara in her lion onesie displayed in my head and I had to fake-cough to hide my laughter. Tina was still talking about a huge party that she had held at her private beach house for her 16th birthday.

I wish Kara was here...

"Kara watch out!!"

[A/N]
Wow look at me updating daily😄 Hehe