Chapter 17

"I'm going to ask Tina out again." Brandon announced suddenly while going to the class with me.

I didn't feel excited or happy for him this time like I should've felt but a feeling of irritation got over me so I just nodded my head. It felt really weird to feel like this because Brandon is my best friend and I should've been happy for his progress with Tina, his first ever crush but the problem is I don't.

Is it because Tina and I aren't on good terms?

Or is it because something else?

I didn't know the answer for those. I personally didn't like Tina ever since she started launching at me for no real reason and I still don't know what I have done to her for me to receive such low treatment.

"Good morning Kara!" Someone poked my cheeks suddenly and I looked up to see Zayn smiling widely. I hadn't even seen him coming in front of me.

"Morning!" I greeted back with a grin and turned to Brandon who was observing the close interaction between me and Zayn with a confused and a really odd look of.....sour?

"You can go in Brandon. I'll come a bit later." I said and he just nodded slowly before going to the class. I made sure he was inside before returning my focus to Zayn. "So you said you have something to ask."

"Ah yeah about that..." He trailed off, clearing his throat awkwardly as his eyes looking everywhere but into mine. He seemed really nervous. "Can you.... are you... w-would you like to g-go out with me?"

Woah...

Okay now seriously, I did NOT expect anything like that.

"Like, like a date?" I questioned, still surprised at what he just asked.

"Hmm..... Maybe? If you say so." He smiled like a cute baby as he scratched his nape, reminding me of Brandon doing the same a week ago at the ice rink.

"Oh okay." I replied a bit flustered but I didn't have any reason to reject his offer.

He seemed really happy as his eyes grew wider in a millisecond. "Really?! You're not joking?"

"Nope, I'm not."

I saw Mr.Wood appearing from the corner of the hallway and knew I needed to be inside the class. "Mr.Wood's here. I gotta go."

"Yeah sure. I'll text you the date and time." Zayn shouted the last words as he ran in the direction of his classroom. I entered my own, cheeks probably pink from the situation.

"Someone's happy." Brandon commented looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"I'll tell you at lunch. What happened to her?"

I pointed at the empty seat in front of him that should've been occupied by none other than Tina. Brandon just shrugged and Mr.Wood came in, cutting short all conversations within the class.

¤~ ☆ ☆ ☆ ~¤

We were having our lunch in the cafeteria and I was getting ready to inform Brandon about the date I had planned with Zayn.

"Okay so I met Zayn in-"

"Hey Kara, um... how about Saturday, which means tomorrow at six?" Zayn's voice startled me as I didn't even notice him walking up to our table.

"That works for me." I smiled.

"Okay then be ready at six I'll come get you." He returned the gesture before walking away after waving at me and glancing at Brandon once.

"What was that about?" My best friend furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"I was in the middle of telling you that. Zayn asked me out on a date." I blurted out quickly without any further explanations, making Brandon choke on his food.

Why is one of us is always choking on something?!

"What did you say? Did you agree?" He drank some water while coughing slightly.

"Well yeah. Like, I don't have any reason not to and it's the first time a guy ever asked me out." I shrugged.

"I asked you out!!" Brandon shouted in frustration.

"Yeah you sure did. As an experimental girlfriend." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "So what do you think?" I waited for his response, expecting to hear his point of view of my situation.

"First of all, do you like him?"

That caught me off guard and I immediately started thinking as I stared into the space.

Do I like him?

He's a great guy with amazing looks, skills and gentleman qualities. Not to mention he is a great and a close friend. And can't forget about his height.

I love love love tall guys and Zayn is just the definition of tall.

But do I like him?

Do I see something beyond friendship?

"Seems like your not sure." Brandon stated.

"Then I'll be sure when I go out." I decided on my own and looked at Zayn playing around with his team members.

"So you'll be going out with two guys at the same time? That's bad you know." Brandon's sarcastic voice made me look at him and roll my eyes.

"Says the one who does the same."

"My situation is different. I go out with you as an experiment and with Tina for real."

"How can that be different from my situation?!"

"Be honest with me Kara, you've never had a secret crush on me? Never?" Brandon asked me randomly with a creepy smile, wriggling his eyebrows.

"You wish!" I didn't hesitate to answer and I could've sworn that Brandon's face fell a bit upon hearing my reply but one thing I couldn't miss was the abnormal skip of a beat in my heart.

Why did that happen suddenly?

Am I having a heart disease or what?

[A/N]
I can't believe this has 270+ reads already. Thank you so much guys❤ Please vote and comment while you're reading it lifts my spirits😊