Chapter 38

(6 years later)

God it's so tiring...

I dunno why he hates me so much!

I plopped down on the chair, sighing and started banging my head lightly on my desk due to frustration.

"Lemme guess, Mr. Loud screamed at you again?" Heidi asked from her desk that was just beside mine to the right.

"His name fits him perfectly. I thought my ears were gonna explode." I exclaimed and sighed again.

"Let's just suck it in, hmm?" She patted my back to encourage my spirit.

Heidi was the first ever friend I made at work when we were interning together. The dark brown locks that matched with her eye color gave Heidi's look a different type of beauty that made her stand out from other girls. Her personality was something people would call bubbly but it changed from time to time mostly with the situation. We've been working together for a couple of years now and have gotten pretty close during that time.

"I don't know why I ever wanted to work at a broadcasting station." My voice came out more louder than I expected, causing some other workers to glance at us annoyingly.

"Wasn't it because of me?"

A boyish voice coming from behind us made me and Heidi turn to face the person.

"Absolutely not! You were the one who decided to come here after I said I was gonna work at Gemini broadcasting station." I corrected him and turned back to my desk only to sigh at the work pile I had to finish.

"Anyway, it's past five. Should we go home?" He asked again in a sort of pleading voice, placing a hand on my shoulder gently.

"I heard you moved in with her Brandon."

Heidi posed a question with a smug smile which I didn't like. After all the time I spent with her, I could imagine what her unholy mind was thinking. But she's gonna be so disappointed when she finds out nothing happened between me and Brandon.

"Everything good?"

"Yup. Everything's going fine." Brandon smiled at her with a nod.

"It's been six years since you guys have started dating. Get married already!!" Heidi tapped her hand on her desk impatiently.

"I also want to but she doesn't let me pop the question!" The boy whined as he threw his hands in the air dramatically, making me roll my eyes.

"You know very well why I do that Brandon."

"Yeah yeah I know and I'm gonna kill him once he's back!" He pretended to be angry and acted as if he was strangling an invisible man while Heidi just eyed both of us with amusement.

*Bing bing*

"Gosh I hate that sound so much! I'm waiting in the car okay? Don't take too long."

Brandon left the building with that while I just laughed. I kept the ringtone for my texts just the same all this time just to annoy him. Taking my phone out to see who messaged me, a smile formed on my face.