Chapter 22

<11 years ago>

"Mommy!!! Where are we going today?" Seven year old Brandon ran down to his mom cutely smiling and spreading his arms for her to hold him.

It was his sister Olivia's fifteenth birthday the previous day and he knew his mother must have something big planned for her since she said they will be going out.

"If I tell you, you'll tell your sister and it won't be a surprise for her then." The middle aged lady gave her son a big hug and held his chubby cheeks as she smiled at him fondly.

"I won't tell her I promise!" Brandon held out his small pinky, making his mother chuckle at his cuteness.

"Aww my baby! We're going to a beach house where daddy will be waiting for her with a big surprise birthday party." Mrs.Foster whispered to her son who was now beaming with delight.

"Really? Daddy will be there? With a party?!" The boy screamed and started dancing around the kitchen.

"Calm down baby your sister will hear."

"Oh no then she won't be surprised!"

He covered his mouth with his two little hands and acted like he is zipping his lips shut. His mother smiled again, not being able to resist his cute acts.

"What's going on here?"

Olivia entered the kitchen, smiling at the cute little dances her little brother was engaged in. He didn't know she could see her although he had hid behind a chair of the dining table in the middle of the room.

"He's just excited that we're going out." Mrs.Foster covered up for her little son's mistake quickly.

"We are?" Olivia grinned at her mother as she nodded in response.

"Guess where we are going to! You'll be surprised to know who will wait for us there!!"

Young Brandon gave away the information that he promised he wouldn't.

"Brandon! It was our little secret!!" His mother reminded him with a pout while he gasped as he realised what he has done.

"Aww my little brother is the cutest little bean!"

Olivia bent down until their eyes were level and pinched his cheeks, his little giggles making her smile wider.

Once the mother and her two children were ready to go to the beach house that Olivia then knew about because of Brandon, they got onto the little red car of Mrs.Foster. Singing along with his sister to the songs playing in the radio at the back of the car, Brandon swung his little feet which were too short to touch the floor of the car once he was seated.

He was so excited to go to the beach house. He loved the beach more than anything and the news of staying there for a week made him scream with happiness. He could barely control himself and Olivia and Mrs.Foster found him dancing around the bathroom and singing his heart out ever since he got to know.

Mrs.Foster's phone rang and she sighed slightly, looking at the caller ID and knowing it was her boss. Answering it was the only option so she turned down the volume of the radio and brought the phone upto her ear while driving with the free hand.