Chapter 40

"What the heck?!" My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

Red, white and purple balloons filled with helium inside them were everywhere in the room, some lying on the floor without any specific position which made it even more beautiful. Additional to the scented candles placed here and there in the living room, little red candles were lighted on the center of the white tiled floor in a heart shape and there was a little white stool in the corner of the room, with a bowl of ice cream placed on it and a note stuck to the stool.

I was mesmerized by all the balloons and candles and simply, everything that I couldn't talk. My feet dragged me to the stool while my eyes continued to dart everywhere in the room, trying to take it all in. The bowl was filled up with loads of different flavors of ice cream and I took the note that was stuck to the stool to read.

"The ice cream is a bribe for being this late ;)"

I felt a hand wrap around my waist and Brandon placed his chin on my right shoulder. My eyes were beginning to get blurry with the tears welling up in my eyes out of joy and love.

"What's all this?" I chuckled, placing the note back on the stool.

"Do you like it?" He asked softly, tracing circles in my tummy and I nodded, chuckling. "There's more."

His other hand held a bouquet of red roses in front of me. I covered my face with my hands with happiness as Brandon giggle to my ear, pleased that his work was paying off. He handed me the bouquet and kissed my shoulder while I smelled the roses.

"How did you pull this off?" I turned around in his arms, facing him.

"I had a little help." His mischievous grin made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"So your answer is yes right?" He asked.

"For what?" I pretended I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I waited all these years just to hear you say yes for one question and now you asking me what?" Brandon whined like a little boy making me giggle.

"I dunno what you're talking about. Now if you'll excuse me, the ice cream is melting." I tried to get away from his grip but it just made him hold me tighter.

"Okay Ms. Kara Smith, I'll ask properly then. Will you agree to be my wife and stay by my side for the rest of your life?"

I thought I was ready to hear those words coming out of his mouth but boy, I was so so wrong. My heart skipped multiple beats and there was an entire zoo having a party in my stomach. I didn't try to suppress the most huge smile I've ever had in my life and the sight made Brandon smile too.

"So it's a yes?" He asked, his smile not fading one bit.

"Of course it's a yes you idiot!" I giggled and hit his chest playfully with my arm, other still holding the bouquet. "I think this is when you should kiss me." I reminded him.

"You think I wouldn't?" He chuckled and leaned in to place his lips on mine.

"CONGRATU- Oh sorry I thought you guys were done."

A voice came from behind Brandon and he sighed heavily in disappointment at the interruption. I couldn't see who it was because I was too short too see over Brandon's shoulder and he had his hands on each side of my waist, not letting me move an inch to the side. The voice was oddly familiar but there was no way he could be here now.

"Couldn't you wait five more minutes?!" Brandon turned to face the person and that's when I saw him.

"Zayn?!"

"Hi?" He waved at me nervously while grinning.

"But you said you were coming tomorrow!!" I exclaimed and ran to hug him while I heard Brandon mutter, "There she goes leaving me."

"Actually I came yesterday."

"Wha- How- I called you yesterday!" I couldn't believe what he was saying and looked back and forth at my boyfriend and long lost friend.

"Didn't you feel suspicious when I said I can't turn on my camera when we called? I was at home." Zayn pointed out and that's when it hit me. "Anyway, what do you think of my masterpiece?" He pointed at the balloons and candles decorating the room.

"So he was the help you were talked about?" This time my question was directed to Brandon and he nodded softly.

"He did help me set up a romantic environment until he himself had to ruin it at the best moment!" He groaned and picked up the bowl that was now filled with some ice cream and a liquid mixture of different ice cream flavors before exiting the room.

"Oh my god I'm so happy to see you!!!" I jumped up and down, wrapping my arms around Zayn while he laughed at my reaction.

"I think you should give attention to your grumpy boyfriend right now."

He pulled out of the hug and pointed his finger at Brandon who had come back from the kitchen after keeping the ice cream in the freezer and who was now tapping his foot on the floor with his arms crossed, staring at us with jealousy.

"Oh c'mon Brandon loosen up a little. It's not like I turned down your proposal or something." I cooed.

"Yeah you didn't but he had to butt in just when we were going to kiss! It could've even led to a make out session!!"

Brandon continued to act grumpy not realizing that he had resulted my cheeks to blush the hardest red that it had ever had.

"Let's go out to celebrate tonight. We have two occasions." I announced after clearing my throat awkwardly at Brandon's remark and clapped my hands.

"That'd be a great idea! I missed the lunches with you Kara." Zayn agreed and looked at Brandon for his opinion.

"Ugh whatever." He rolled his eyes and tucked his hands in his pockets.

Zayn covered up a laugh and took his coat from upstairs before going out the door. Brandon and I walked to the door and were gonna go out of the house to join Zayn until I stopped making my boyfriend do the same. Without any words spoken, I placed a kiss on his lips real quick.

"Don't be grumpy anymore." I said.

"I love you Kara." Brandon smiled.

"I know. I love me too." I winked and walked passed Brandon out of the house as he stood there smiling widely.

"You're really unbelievable." He locked the door and got onto the driving seat of his car with me on the passenger seat.

"You guys better not forget that I'm here and start making out in the car like in the movies alright?"

Zayn stuck his head to the front from the space between our seats. I flicked his forehead as a signal to sit silently in the back, which he did but without the silent part as he was whining about how Brandon was bossing him around over the phone, describing how to decorate the house for my surprise which made me chuckle. Soon my mind was taken over by a joyful relief and I was drifted off to a sea of thoughts.

Zayn is back...

Brandon finally got to 'pop the question'... 

I'll soon be wearing a white gown while Brandon would wait at the altar for me...

We'll be married...

Will it be a happily ever after?

Only the future knows...

But I know one thing...

I'm happy at this moment and that's all that matters to me...

- The End -
- Experimental Girlfriend -