•Chapter 34•

'I do.' she replies with confidence in her voice.

'What do you mean "I do"?' I ask her confused. 'If someone would know, it should be me.'

'It's obvious Sam.' she says optimistic. 'Niall is your number one. You liked him first, you like more about him, you kissed him first. You only started to like Harry after you knew he likes you.'

I look at Eleanor not fully grasping what she's saying. 'So? I still like both.'

'Ye-hes, but, how did you feel about Harry during the x Factor?'

'As a best friend.' I reply, looking at my feet.

'You're not in love with him. You're in love with Niall, but you're scared.' she says like she's my shrink. 

'Why would I be scared?' I respond.

'As you said, your first-ever boyfriend cheated on you within three months. That must have hurt you so much, even though you don't show it.' she says, pity taking over her voice.

'He was just a dick.' I say quietly. 'Moreover, Niall went through the exact same thing. We're both not ready for a new relationship.'

'Biggest load of crap I have ever heard.' Eleanor bursts out into laughter.

'It's moments like these when I truly understand the connection between you and Louis.' I chuckle.

'Thank you.' she says in a proud voice. 'Listen, you two now both know what you don't want in a relationship, which makes you perfect for each other. You should talk to him.' 

'What about Harry?' I ask.

'One word sweetheart; Self-sabotage.'

'I don't know..' I reply quietly.

'Think about it.' She gets up, grabs her stuff and gives me a hug. 'You can always call or text me or come over. The door is always open.' She smiles at me, before leaving.