•Chapter 66•

March eighteenth will forever be in my mind as the day that Zayn left One Direction. It's difficult to watch the lads perform, as they occasionally let some tears fall.

I squeeze into Perrie's hand, who keeps tearing up as well.

'It's not hard for me that he's leaving the band. It's hard for me to see him so sad about it.' she says, while wiping away a tear.

'I get that, but right now he feels like that is what he needs to do.' I reply, and she nods softly.

'I get it, and of course he's going to have a tough time dealing with it. They're his best friends, and he loves to perform with them.' she says, with yet a bit of pain in her voice. 'He cried for hours when he told me he was going to quit.'

'I guess you could see it as a breakup.' I say, thinking about it.

She only nods.

The melody of Best Song Ever starts to echo through the arena. 'Their last song.'

We look at the boys together. They have big smiles on their faces, but their eyes tell a different story.

'I said, "can you give it back to me?"' Zayn's voice sounds cracked. 'She said, "never in your wil-dest dreams"'

'He's about to cry.' Perrie says after Zayn's short solo.

'How we danced all night to the best song ever. We knew every line, now I can't remember. How it goes but I know that I won't forget her. 'Cause we danced all night (we danced, we danced).To the best song ever (it goes something like, yeah).' Perrie and I sing along with the lads on stage.

'Cause we danced all night to the best song ever.' Zayn's high note isn't nearly as incredible as usual, as he cracked while trying to sing it.

Once the song is over, the lads come backstage and instantly form a group hug. We walk towards them, and I can hear them cry.

From this moment forward, One Direction is a four-piece.