•Chapter 83•

'It's just as beautiful here as last time.' I recollect, smiling wide.

'Can't believe that the last time we were here was nearly four years ago.' Niall says with a big smile. 'Back to when we didn't want anyone to know yet.'

'So much has changed since then, hasn't it.' I say, and look at him.

'A lot has changed yeah. I'm a 1000 times handsomer.' he jokes.

I burst out laughing. 'You can be so silly at times, do you know that?'

He laughs too and we walk around a corner to see the big cathedral of Milan. Last time we were here, we spent hours trying to find it and looking at it. It's such a beautiful cathedral. It currently is shining beautifully in the sunset.

'Do you know why I chose this place to go back to?' Niall asks, while taking my hand

'I don't know.' I respond, and look at him.

'I wanted to go back here, because I always felt like this was our first small vacation together. It's special to me, like you.'

I blush a heavy shade of red, while Niall gets a cheeky smile on his face.

We walk a bit further on the square before the cathedral, and I notice that Niall gets more nervous every step.

'Are you okay?' I ask him.

'Okay, I'm just going to do it.' he replies and stops walking. He turns me to face him, and he smiles nervously at me. 'Sam, you and I have been through a lot. From a shaky start, to finally together, to living together, to touring around the world, to breaking up, to getting back together. I love you, more than anything in this world. It broke my heart to not be with you, but it also made me realise how badly I want to spend the rest of my life with you.'

Is this what I think it is?

He holds my hand, getting on one knee. 'Sam, will you marry me?'