•Chapter 86•

'And that concludes the tour. If you have any more questions, I'll be of your service.'

We nod to the man that led us around this beautiful house, and he walks away.

'It's everything we've been looking for.' Niall says excitedly.

'Shall we buy it?' I ask him.

'We can make an offer and see if they'll take it.' he replies and I nod heavily.

We bring out our offer and leave the house. The man of the house would let us know tonight if we get the house.

'I love that house.' Niall says after we have been driving for a while.

'It's not too busy, but also not in the middle of nowhere. There are multiple bedrooms, a big lawn, a lot of privacy, and I haven't even started on how friendly the neighbourhood is.' I respond with a big grin. 'It's perfect.'

'It's out of our hands now, let's just hope that the owner accepts our offer.'

***

Chloe rolls over me, laying on her back so I can pet her tummy and so I do.

'The moment of truth will be here any minute now.' Niall says enthusiastically.

'I'm so thrilled to find out.' I reply with a smile, while playing with Chloe.

He grabs two glasses and champagne for if we did get, but also for if we didn't to soften the pain. Niall's phone rings and he picks up instantly. 'Hello... Yes, that's me speaking... Uh huh... Uh huh... Okay... Uh huh... Uh huh... Thank you for calling... Good evening, bye.'

He has literally not moved one muscle in his face. Is he happy? Is he sad? No one knows!

'Did we get it?' I ask, looking at him.

He looks back at me, the corners of his mouth curling up and he pops the champagne bottle open. 'We got the house.'