CHAPTER 5: Frankie

Things have been a little weirder than the normal after Hayes had that random meeting with Raiden a week ago and a couple of the other barbers here at the shop have also been acting weird, so I guess I can't necessarily be surprised nor shocked at that.

I keep to myself mostly anyways so really it doesn't matter I guess. Business is going great still for me and in fact, is bringing in more customers, Hayes has mentioned the other day to me, than any of the other barbers have done in the past month. Which obviously was a huge compliment.

It was still shocking to have won that much money the other night at the casino but it was good to have that little nest egg on the side in case I decided to leave or needed it for an emergency and what not.

Ever since I was little, I don't know, I have always thought it was smart in putting cash aside somewhere for just in case the banks were robbed and there was no money to give out along with the fact that my father himself never trusted banks and paid mostly with cash. So maybe that paranoia from him rubbed off onto me in a way.

Today was a pretty good day and the tips were really good also. I was very grateful to have a job in general but mostly my career consists on me living off tips. But again, I love it. It's fun.

There has been a lot of foot traffic in and out of here since I did Markus' hair and gave him also a clean shave that he ended up telling his friends and most of my clientele has been made up mostly of Raiden's guys.

Thankfully though, he seemed to not want me to touch his hair again and happened to apparently not be as happy with what I did. That's alright with me though because to be honest, I didn't want to deal with him anyways again.

After work was done, I closed up shop and then started walking towards my car to head home except for as soon as I started the engine, it seemed that the battery was dead. I thought I still had some juice in it but I guess not.

I started scrolling through my cell phone to call for an Uber because I didn't have a car service like AAA or anything so I called and waited in my car.

Almost half an hour goes by and still there's no Uber driver. When I called to see where he was at, he told me that he tried calling me to ask for the address again and I knew that was a lie. However, since I was too tired to argue, I had tried giving him the address once more but that bastard had hung up.

Next I had tried calling the customer service number but I was on hold for a little over half an hour and since it was getting late, I next tried to think about who I could call. I thought about calling my friend Hallie but it was close to eleven and I knew she was probably busy with her boyfriend.

The next thing I hear is a light knock on my car door window that startles me and rightfully so as the person seems to be wearing all black along with a black ski mask and gloves.

Within seconds, the guy breaks through my car window with using his fist, shatters the glass to pieces then I begin struggling and trying to fight back as he unlocks my door, opens it up very swiftly then pulls me out by my hair and throws me hard onto the ground.

"Give me all your money!" He yells at me as he points the gun at my head.

"Please...." I begin to hold my hands up in defense then try and point towards the passenger front seat where my purse is at. "I-it's in there. Take it." I tell him.

He turns around as he continues pointing the gun at me and then quickly grabs the purse then looks back at me for a brief moment and thanks me before running off.

After I see him out of sight, I slowly start looking around and begin to start standing up. Well this is just great! I have no phone now, no keys to go back inside the barbershop to call the police or anything and I lived several miles away.

Right away I also took immediate notice that I had skinned my knees as I hit the pavement of the street along with my elbow.

I consider myself lucky though because worse things have happened to others in this situation. So I guess the only thing I can do right now is just walk as far as I can and hope that a store or something is opened this late that will let me borrow a phone.

My knee was scraped up pretty bad that caused me to limp a little bit and finally after walking down the street for a couple miles in the cold night air, I came across a liquor store. So I headed inside and waited behind a couple of people in hopes that the employee behind the counter would be let me use the phone.

It took a while then when it was my turn, the guy looked me up and down then met my eyes with a look of curiosity and a cocked eyebrow.

"Are you alright?" The middle-aged man asked before taking a puff from his E-Cig.

"Can I please use your phone?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He replied nicely.

Thank goodness he didn't ask questions and had a nice heart.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)