CHAPTER 27: Frankie

Throughout most of the day, I had been contemplating back and forth with myself if I should call Hayes or go into the shop and explain to him about everything. 

I hadn't expected Raiden to have returned so early but he did and looked as though he had been crying or something. 

So I got up from the couch and walked towards him, stopping a few feet away after noticing his hands had dried blood on them and he had red stains on his clothes. 

My first thought of course, was that he beat somebody up badly and then the other thought was that he killed somebody. 

"Oh my god. What happened?" I ask him. 

He struggles a little bit at first to even look at me but then manages to finally do it before saying anything. 

"He's dead." Was all he said and then turned to start heading upstairs where I began to follow behind him to our bedroom. 

I closed our door behind us and he had right away started to run the hot water from inside the shower then took off his clothes except for his boxers before looking up at me through the mirror. 

"Who's dead? What happened to you, Raiden?" I repeat. 

He let's out a breath then turned around and looked at me again. 

"I had gone to see Hayes while on my way to a meeting. When I got there, the entire shop was destroyed. Then I found him." He started to fight back tears while telling me the last part. 

"Oh no." I began to feel sick. 

"He was beaten real bad and it looked like somebody stabbed him on the side of his stomach. He told me some things and then I watched him take his last breath." He struggles to finish. 

He looks down at the floor and I notice him sniffling and begins to cry. So I go up to him and wrap my arms around over his shoulders and we stand there holding each other as I too start to cry. 

Neither on of us could believe it. He was a great friend, person and like a father-figure to the both of us. Both Raiden and I were devastated. 

Next, Raiden went into the shower and scrubbed himself clean before walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where I had been waiting for him with a fresh clean pair of clothes laid out on the bed beside me for him. 

Raiden and I then spent the next couple of hours talking about what had happened and even told me what was said about my family. 

In a way I was surprised that they'd disrespect and or turn on my father and I, but then again,  they have always been ruthless and such and it doesn't surprise me on the other hand they'd turn on me. I did after all leave and told them I didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. 

In a way too, it was nice and comforting a little bit to hear that about my father and him knowing Hayes. 

Then we heard a knock on the bedroom door and in walked Markus. 

"All ready boss?" He asks Raiden. 

"Ready for what?" I asked confused. 

"We're going to head over to Hayes' place and try to find what we can on this guy that he was talking about and then we'll be right back. While I'm gone though, I need for you to pack for the both of us and when I return, we're gonna leave here and head to some place safe until I can figure things out." He finishes telling me. 

"Okay." I reply felling a little worried. 

"Hey...." He says as he lifts my chin up to look at him. "I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you." 

That's nearly impossible for him to promise and normally when people say that, it's the last time you ever see that person again. But I do believe him. 

We hold one another for a moment more and give each other a long and passionate kiss before he next grabs his jacket, places a gun he grabs from off the dresser then places it in the back of his pants before leaving. 

'Please God bring him back to me.' I mouth to myself under my breath. 

I next try to pull myself together and start to pack up some of our things and get ready although I am not sure. 

Here we go again......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)