CHAPTER 9: Frankie

I couldn't believe in how lucky I have been getting financially. I had never played Poker before and tonight, winning a total of close to $2,000, was making me feel luckier than I ever have on top of what I already won at the casino the other night.

The next few hours of hanging out here both playing Poker and sometimes watching people play has been real fun and all but I honestly am starting to feel a little bit tired and when I realize at what time it is after looking down at my cell phone, I knew I had to leave because I needed to get up for work in five hours.

"Well it's been a lot of fun guys but I really need to get home. I have work in several hours." I excuse myself.

I put the money in my purse and then start standing up when I hear Markus start to stand as well.

"I'll take you home." He offers before downing the last of his drink. "Woah." He says as he grabs the side of his head and places his hands onto the table to catch himself from falling.

"Okay, I am calling an Uber and you can stay here and have somebody take you home. You're drunk." I tell him.

"Nah. I'm good." He stretches his arms in the air real quick.

"No you're not and I would like to get to my place in one piece thank you. But I had a great time and I will see ya guys later." I smile and wave goodbye at everyone who do the same to me.

For the last hour or so, Raiden has been flirting with the waitress and I looked at him and gave him a nod then said 'bye' because I didn't want to interrupt.

He nodded back at me and then while walking out the door, I said 'goodbye' to the bouncer or whatever they call him as he opened the door for me and I stood outside here waiting for the car.

Several moments later while still waiting, I heard the door open up and didn't pay attention to who it was.

"Markus wasn't taking you home?" I hear Raiden ask.

"No he had a little too much to drink so, I am waiting for an Uber." I smiled at him while continuing to look for the car.

"Why are you waiting out here by yourself? Didn't you learn from before?" He asked me.

I don't know if he meant that sarcastically to try and be funny or if he was being an asshole. So I scowled at him a little bit and felt confused.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I didn't mean it like that. Sorry, that came out wrong. I just meant that you shouldn't be out here by yourself waiting and from what happened before, you should really think about getting your car fixed." He tells me. "Wait, that came out wrong too." He says under his breath.

"Yeah well thanks to my winnings, I will be getting my car back tomorrow." Not that it was any of his business.

"Well what do you say I give you a lift?" He offers.

I was surprised at the suggestion and before I could reply we noticed the driver pull into the small parking lot up next to me.

"Thanks but he's already here." I smiled at Raiden.

"I'll take care of it." He smiles back at me.

Before I could protest, just like Markus did earlier, he walked up to the guy and paid him then as the guy took off, I just looked at Raiden and the way we looked at one another right now, something felt different. Not in a bad way either.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

We walked over to his car, he held the door open for me and then got in and we started taking off.

I was about to tell him directions of how to get to my place but he stopped me.

"I remember." He stops me.

"Oh, Okay." I replied.

We spent the next couple of minutes sharing an awkward moment of silence then he offered to turn on the heater.

"You can adjust it to whatever is comfortable." He tells me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I didn't live too far away from this place and he ended up turning on some music that I was surprised he listened to but it helped make things a little more comfortable and less awkward of a drive.

After pulling up to my apartment building, he turned off the music and before I got out, I thanked him again for the ride.

"Of course." He tells me. "But wait..." He next gets out and opens the door for me.

Okay, so what is the deal with him being this nice to me?!?

"Thanks." I tell him as I get out and he starts walking next to me towards the apartments.

"You play Poker real good." He mentions.

"It was luck." I replied with a small shrug.

We make it to the front gate that leads into the apartment complex and I turn to look at him and we both seem to be thinking the same thing right as soon as our eyes lock with each other's and we start leaning slowly closer and closer towards one another and right when we are about to kiss, his phone goes off.

I try to hide my disappointment and nervously tuck my hair behind my ears and hear him look down at his phone then sighs loudly out in frustration, but he doesn't answer it?

That's right, he's the boss of his own business, he can do whatever he wants. Which I already forgot about what he does. Did I ever even ask?

"Sorry about that." He mentions.

"It's fine. I better get inside anyways. Thanks again for the ride." I smiled but he stopped me by touching my arm.

"Wait. What are you doing Friday night?" He asks.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Let's have dinner at a new restaurant that I half own." He smiles.

"Okay." I replied.

"Great! I will pick you up here then at around six." He says.

"But that's usually when I get home from work." I tell him.

"You'll get off early that day." He winks at me. "Have a good night Miss Frankie." He says while he starts walking back towards his car before I could say anything and his phone goes off with this time, him answering it.

Did he just ask me out? And he owns a restaurant? Huh, I can kind of see it and kind of not at the same time. But eh, who cares, this will be fun....I hope.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)