CHAPTER 11: Frankie

It seemed like it took forever for Friday to come although it was only a couple of days.

I was able to get off a couple hours earlier since today we were slow and not many clients came in.

Once I got home and got myself ready, I had realized when I sat down on the couch after noticing I was finished half an hour before he would come and decided to watch something while I waited, it was then that I realized, I never got his number and he didn't have mine.

After going through several episodes of one of my favorite shows on Netflix, I finally took a look at the clock and noticed that a little past an hour had passed and I never heard a knock.

Thinking he was waiting for me outside, I quickly got up and went to the window to see if he was downstairs although I am sure Markus would have given him my number if he had been waiting for me this long.

There's no way that he stood me up, right? No! That's stupid to think that. Right? Ugh, dating sucks ass sometimes. Plus, I should have known that he wasn't serious.

Should I try and call Markus? No, you know what, if he truly cared and was serious, he would have found a way to contact me.

My god, I feel ridiculous.....

So I ordered some food and binged watched Bob's Burgers until I eventually fell asleep. I'm not sad or hurt as much as irritated about what he has done to me.

*****************
The Next Day

I woke up this morning and wasn't giving Raiden a single thought. Then Hayes came up to me.

"Hi Frankie." He smiles at me while setting up his station and plugging in his clippers next to mine.

"Hey! How are you this morning?" I ask.

"Good." He smiles back at me. "Hey, I noticed you drove your car." He pointed out.

"Yeppers! I got it back a couple days ago." I tell him.

"That's good." He says.

"Yeah, I like driving and missed it a lot." I tell him.

The morning went by fairly quick and at first, I wasn't supposed to work today but I wanted the extra money and besides, I needed to keep myself busy today.

The phone rang a lot today and most people were walking in while others were scheduling appointments. Including Raiden calling in to ask for a clean up for his haircut and close shave.

He kept telling whoever answered that I was busy today and that I couldn't come to his house and do his hair.

Then during the last couple of hours of my shift and after the shop had slowed down, we heard the door open and as I turned to greet the person, I stopped myself halfway then right away glared at him. I thought he didn't come in here ever?!

So I turn my back towards him and try to oil my shears a little bit.

Nobody is making a sound. In fact, it is so quiet in here right now that you could hear a pin drop.

I am right now ignoring the looks the guys are starting to give me because I really don't care.

"Ah, Raiden!" Hayes comes out from the back break room and greets Raiden as usual. He walks up to him and gives him a bro hug.

"Hey!" Raiden greets him back.

I can't know for sure if rather or not he is looking at me but I get this feeling of eyes burning a hole in the back of my head.

"What's up Frankie!" I next heard Markus come in and greet me.

I turn around and ignore looking at Raiden but look right away at Markus.

"Hey Markus!" I replied with a smile and greeted him with a big hug.

I noticed out the corner of my eye, Raiden was glaring at Markus and then let out a deep frustrated sigh. In which I have to admit made me a little bit happy deep down inside. Serves him right for what he did last night.

"So I see you aren't busy." Raiden interrupts Markus and I.

"Well not at the moment. Why, you need a haircut or something?" I asked trying to play dumb. "Plus, I thought you only did house calls?!" I asked with a cocked eyebrow.

I heard the guys in the shop nearly break out in laughter. Just looking at the red color on his face from being so angry, had me start to remember how my father's friends would look at their Old Lady's whenever they hit on somebody in front of them.

However, I am not his girl, first of all and just in general, has no right to be jealous.

"I need a clean up." He states firmly.

"Well there are other people that can do that for you." I tell him.

"I want the best." He half smiles.

I glare at him for a moment more and then realize that I need to be professional. So I take in a breath, let it out and lift my head up before then grabbing the cape on my chair and have him sit.

He removes his jacket and everybody else clears their throats as other random people all of a sudden come walking inside the shop while Markus sits down in one of the chairs in the waiting area, as the others take the ones that just walked in and Hayes heads in the back while I start to shave his sides and the back of his head.

Then because he has gel in his hair and I don't want my shears to get all jacked up because of it, we head back to the shampoo bowl.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)