It Is Real

"Well, mom doesn't want to see me talking to guys, so... Goodbye Aaron" I smile.

Aaron wraps me in a hug "Bye Alphino. I'll talk to you later okay?"

I nod. His smell is strong. Like fresh rain in a forest. It's nice. Comforting. "Allie."

"What?" Aaron asks backing up to look me in the eyes.

"You said Alphino. If anyone should... You should call me Allie." I spare a small smile.

"Okay. Allie." Aaron smiles and hugs me again.

"ALPHINO! IS THAT A BOY YOUR WITH!?!?" Mom shouts from the car.

"Oh no. Well, that's my mom. I should be heading out." I smile slightly.

"Ember. Loosen your reins on Alphino. She isn't a little kid anymore. She can have male friends." Dad sighs.

"Mathew... It's just... Boy..." Mom huffs.

"If your parents were like this, you wouldn't have Alphino. We were happy for a while Ember." Dad sighs.

"I didn't know your father was a warewolf..." Aaron whispers

"WHAT!?!?" I shout starting Aaron. I look up at the car. Mom is driving, but dad is in the passenger seat, with black wolf ears. Neither did I Aaron. Neither did I.

"Alphino, get over here before your mom mows down your friend." Dad sighs.

I nod "I'll talk to you later. Goodbye Aaron." I smile.

"Goodbye Allie." Aaron smiles.

I hurry to the car.

"Who was that?" Dad asks.

"My friend." I smile at Aaron and wave.

"Your friend that's a boy!" Mom shouts.

As we pull out of earshot of Aaron I look to dad. "A better question is why ears! Why!" I shout.

"Relax. Remember the curse?" Dad asks.

"Of course I remember the curse!" I shout.

"Keep your voice down. It hurts even my ears." Mom growls.

"Hmph."

"Now, your father is here to help you. To help you control your curse." mom sighs.

I realize we aren't on the way home. "Where are we going." I ask.

"To a friend of mine who can help you while I'm at work. Who won't be changed by your eyes." Dad smiles.

"Why? I don't want... I want to be human. Not, not to have this curse." I say as tears start down my face.

Dad nods "I felt the same way."

"Dad! Mom! I-I can't... It's not good for me... Is there a way of... A way of getting rid of the curse?" I ask going between angry and upset.

"No. There isn't." Mom sighs.

"Roll up the windows." Dad sighs.

Mom looks at me through the mirror. She does as dad said.

"What's going on?" tears stream down my face.

"She's hysterical. Ember. Pull over for a second." Dad sighs.

Mom just follows as dad says.

Dad unbuckles himself and slides over to me. Mom gets out of the car. Dad wraps me in a hug.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" Dad asks.

I sob pathetically "I-I don't know. I can't tell my best friend what I am because from what you said it could be bad for us... Who are you taking me to?" I have to ask again.