True North

Aaron-
I run a hand through my hair and take a deep breath.

I head out to the living room. The television is playing without anyone watching it again.

I sigh and turn it off.

"Lexis!" I shout.

"Yes Big bro?" my little sister calls from her bedroom.

"Did you leave the television on?" I call and go to her.

My little sister sits in her room on her rug. She's only eight. Her light brown hair is tied up in pigtails that look like what mom used to do for her... Before she got ill... She shakes her head "N-no Aaron... Momma was at the TV last night.... It was while you were playing with Bleu...." Lexis looks up at me her light blue eyes point out that she's been crying.

"Lexis.... Did mom hurt you?" I ask worried now and go sit next to Lexis.

She shakes her head "N-no...." Lexis takes a deep breath "Momma is sick isn't she....?"

I sigh "why do you think that...?"

"She didn't remember me....." Lexis starts crying again.

"Yes.... Mom has a problem that she forgets things in her life. Mom loves us both. She didn't mean to say what she did..." I say and gently pet Lexis's hair.

Tears come to my own eyes. I kiss Lexis's head "Well Lexis... I hate to do this, but I have to go to school...." I try to think about something and figure it out "Would you like me to walk you to school?"

Lexis shakes her head "No... I got it..."

I nod "okay."

Lexis hugs me tightly.

"Stay safe big bro" she says.

I nod "I will if you are Lexis."

Lexis giggles "I will"

______________________________________

I hate leaving Lexis like that...

"Aaron!" Alphino shouts startling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh hey Alphino" I turn to her and can't help but smile that's the girl that always helps me. That always makes me smile. That I'm in love with.

"Sorry, my parents were talking to me about something" Alphino rubs her neck.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Oh nothing. Just some private stuff" She says obviously nervous.

"You know you can actually tell me anything" I say trying to help her.

She nods "I know, after all you are CT" she giggles "Even if you are Aaron"

I roll my eyes "Still something wrong with me being Aaron?" I chuckle

She shakes her head and gently punches my shoulder "Of course not! It's just, I really wasn't expecting you to be Aaron" Alphino giggles

"Wow. I see" I smile and wrap her in a hug.

"Eep! W-what! Aaron! What are you doing?" Alphino giggles and I kiss her forehead.

"I dunno" I shrug

Alphino only giggles more and finally manages to push me away.

She wrinkles her nose and stops giggling "You smell..... Different.... More feminine"

That must be Lexis. I smile deciding to play with her about it though "What about it? Jealous?"

"What? No. It's just I don't want you getting hurt or anything. Hmph"

"I think Lil Bleu is a bit jealous" I smirk and cross my arms "don't want me talking to anyone else?"

She blushes. "T-thats not it"

I chuckle "It's my sister you smell"

Her eyes widen "She doesn't smell like you."

I shrug "So?"

She rolls her eyes and takes my hand.

My heart skips a beat when she does.

She pulls me to school. "What if I just wanna hang out with you?"

She rolls her eyes "No. We have school."

________________

Alphino has been different. Less Bleu and more secluded.

I wonder what's going on.

"So school"

I nod "School"

"You know, it's gonna be hard to lead the class without you"

I chuckle "I know, but you are amazing with it, so you will do great" I squeeze her hand "I promise"

She sighs "Yeah, I hope so"

I gently rub the back of her hand. "I'll tell you something my grandmother told me; cardinal north, that is the North on a map, but true north, that is home. And as long as you know where your true North is, you will be able to find your path"

Alphino seems to melt under my words. Her eyes soften and she smiles "Aaron"

I smile "Yes?"

"Y-You're my true North, you are my home"

I chuckle softly "As are you for me"

My dearest Allie, you mean so much to me.

<A/N Im sorry for how long a wait that's been, I hope you liked this chapter from Aaron's perspective, I know the chapter is short but I've been pretty busy and I just got out of a really bad writers block. So the next chapter should be out soon!>