Chapter 1

Drake's POV

I sat on the roof of the castle overlooking the field where our battle had taken place. Cindy then appeared beside me, "How can you sit up here? It's so windy." I wrapped an arm around her, "I'm used to it." She leaned into me and yawned softly, "Why are you awake so early anyways?" I kissed her head, "I wanted to watch the sun rise." "Last time you just wanted to watch the sun rise, I got pregnant with the twins," she commented with a soft smile. "You were the one that popped up while I was in my dragon form," I told her with a chuckle. "You were the one that shifted out of said dragon form and stood there with all of your naked sexiness," she said and I laughed louder. "Do you really expect me to keep my hands to myself when you do that," she asked me. "I'd be hurt if you did," I told her, nuzzling her cheek. She giggled, "That's what I thought."

We fell silent then, our eyes on the battlefield. The last time we had watched the sun rise together it had been right before we mated with Alice. I had flown out to my spot where I usually enjoyed being in my dragon form. Cindy popped in to check on me, and I couldn't resist. She was standing in her robe, her legs on full display, just begging to be around my waist. Of course when we watched the sunrise, I had her on her knees, balls deep with me knotted inside her as I filled her with seed.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," she said, smacking my chest with the back of her hand. "There's not enough space for you to have sex with me up here." I kissed her cheek, "I wouldn't take you up here anyways. To many guards patrolling below. I cant risk any of them seeing you." She rolled her eyes at me and we fell into silence once more.

"I'm worried Drake," she confessed to me. "The Aniavin wont stop until they get the Blood Stone from us. And with Alice and the babies right now...." I hugged her to me tighter, "I know." "What are we going to do Drake," she asked me. "I hate not being able to do anything for her."

"We just have to keep her relaxed and happy," I told her. "Make sure she rests as much as possible." Cindy sighed, "That's easier said than done. She was going crazy when she was ordered to be on bed rest when she had that blood nutrient disorder and that was just for a small amount of time. How are we going to keep her from losing her mind for the next few months?" I sighed, knowing she has a point, "No clue." "Goddess this sucks," Cindy said. She then began to tear up. "Its supposed to be genies who have complications when pregnant, yet I didn't really have any. Yet Alice is meeting hurdle after hurdle. I was prepared to lose one or both of the twins because many genies expect their off spring to not make it. Why does she have to go through that fear? Hasn't she been through enough?"

I wiped her tears, "Neither of you should have to go through that fear. Keep holding on to that hope my treasure. We will get through this, just like we have everything else." She smiled softly and nodded, "I wish I had your confidence my beast." "You're the most confident person I know," I told her. "Do what you're best at, keep smiling. Your smiles help make everything better for all of us." She nodded, "I'll do my best."

After the sun rose, she teleported us back to our room where Qin was dressing in the closet. His hair was a mess and he looked like he needed more sleep. Shelton was in the bathroom shaving and getting ready. Shelton was meeting with human government officials over the best course of action for our two people and Qin was meeting with many lords to discuss the outcome of the war and what was next regarding Aniavin. Pyrus and Nathaniel would soon be up to finish personally going to families and informing them of their losses. After talking it over, we felt they were the best ones to do it. Nathaniel was cool and level headed while Pyrus was warm and comforting, the perfect combination in our people's trying time. I would be staying at the palace with Alice, Cindy, and the twins.

The twins began to cry and I went to their room to check on them. I was changing Mikell when Shelton came in. He gave me a kiss, "You okay?" I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine." I felt my chest begin to burn as smoke was beginning to make it's way up. Won't be long now till I hit the big year one hundred. I turned my head and blew the smoke out to the side, Mikell laughing as I did.

The sooner this smoke issue was over, the better.

Alice's POV

I ran my hand over my stomach. Six heart beats, I noted with a soft smile. I was in the bathroom, running the brush through my hair when Cindy came in and wrapped her arms around me. "How do you feel," she asked me. "I feel better," I replied honestly. She smiled, "That's great." We left the bathroom and found Drake on the bed with the twins. Drake moved so he was sitting on the edge of the bed as Cindy laid on one side of the twins. Drake pulled me to him, and kissed me softly.

"You ready for your appointment," He asked me. I nodded, "Yeah." He stood and laced his fingers with mine, leading me out of the room, leaving Cindy with the twins. "It's gonna be okay," he told me. I nodded as I ran a hand over my stomach, "I sure hope so." He gave my hand a supportive squeeze and I looked at him, smiling softly.

After my check up, the doctor told me everything was good so far, but I still needed to be careful. "I'm hungry," I told Drake as we left the infirmary. "What are you in the mood for," he asked me. "Hot chocolate with eggs and bacon," I told him after a moment. He smiled and we went down to the kitchen. We were greeted with mixed emotions from the cooks. Several were angry with us because of the war and others were understanding. We've gotten mixed reactions from everyone, and it was a little overwhelming. Many who were angered lost someone in the war. To them it didn't matter what side their loved one had been on, they still blamed us because we didn't stop the war from happening.

My mates carry that guilt so deeply and no matter what is said, they wont understand that. So instead I offer them a soft smile. The weather was nice so we met Cindy in garden with the twins under the pergola. "So what did the doctor say," she asked, hope shining bright in her eyes. "So far so good, but still have to take it easy," I replied. "And in another couple of weeks we will be able to know all the genders." One girl and five mysteries. I want to know already. It was eating that I don't know yet.

Cindy squealed in delight, "I can't wait." We talked and played with the twins, and enjoyed this moment of peace. I just wished our other mates were here to enjoy it with us.