Chapter 5

Cindy's POV

Today is the day. I'm so excited. We decided to have it in the field since the weather was so nice. Pyrus chuckled at me as he hung the black balloons that Alice's parents had filled with paint on the archery targets. We had them do it so we would all be surprised when they popped. We had tables set up and snacks set up as well. Alice was with Qin, getting ready. Shelton and Drake were playing with the twins, and Nathaniel was taking pictures. Once everyone was here and Alice came out I was bouncing on my feet.

I hugged her and she kissed my cheek, "This is amazing Cindy. Thank you." "You don't have to thank me honey," I told her. I handed her, her thing of throwing knives and she went before each target. The targets were white with Boy or Girl? painted in blue and pink. We watched as she threw the first knife. When it struck the balloon blue paint spilled from it. I squealed softly in delight. One boy and one girl so far.

She went to the second target. The second knife unleashed beautiful pink. Yay two girls and one boy. My money is on three of each. I don't think I'm going to be that lucky though. As she went and threw knives into the rest of them, blue paint was released. We had a total of four boys and two girls. Our poor girls were so out numbered. So were Alice and I, but I was more than okay with that.

Alice sat in a chair surrounded by gifts. I sat next to her with a list, writing down names and who got us what so we could make the thank you cards. Qin noticed a man in black pants and a black shirt. "Excuse me," he whispered before getting up to go talk with the man.

They're the leader of the team we sent to spy on Aniavin to find out why they need the Blood Stone. Shelton told us through the mind link.

They chose the wrong fucking time to come, Pyrus grumbled in reply, not letting his smile drop.

Qin came back ten minutes later and we got through the rest of the presents. After that we enjoyed some much needed time with friends and family. Afterwards we all went back to our room, looking at Qin expectantly. "Aniavin is wanting to use their one chance spell to strip North America of their lines and put them so the ley lines run through their content to allow their people to use magic," Qin announced to us. "Do they not realize what will happen if they do that," Alice asked him. "What would happen," I asked her. "The entire content will sink. That's what caused Atlantis to sink," Alice explained. "And it's not a casual sink either. It will be as if someone yanked the bottom out from under it and it will just drop like a stone. Once ley lines are established in a land, that land becomes dependent on those lines to survive. Aniavin has never had ley lines, that's how they're able to survive without them."

"How do the Aniavins even know they can use magic if they had ley lines," I asked next. "Centuries ago when we first discovered Aniavin existed, we invited them to our land to try and come up with some kind trading treaty. When the Queen set foot on to our shore she was filled with magic. She was unable to control it though. After that she went back home to her people and told them what she learned. Later on, they found a small island near their lands that had a ley line running through it. Our ancestors at the time thought it best to help them learn how to control their magic so if they ever traveled outside of their land they wouldn't accidentally hurt themselves or anyone else. It was from one of those teachers they learned of the Blood Stone. Once Aniavin had enough mastered in magic, they killed the teachers we sent to the school, while declaring they wanted the Blood Stone. It's what kicked off the war. After we won the war our ancestors thought that it was best that King Arnold, Shelton's ancestor, protect the Blood Stone. As a just in case we decided to also hide the other artifacts throughout the different kingdoms because we were unsure of the amount of information they knew."

"Any idea why they are acting now," Nathaniel asked him. "Because they didn't know where it was until one of the council members sold them that information. Of course they never got to enjoy the payout since Alice has already taken care of them," Qin explained. "They were then hoping with the rebels and the war that we would be too distracted and they could try and sneak it out from under us."

"So what do we do now," Drake asked as he ran a hand through his hair. "Is there any way to establish ley lines without them taking it from another content," I asked them. "Usually they appear wherever people reside who have the ability to use magic. Or at least mythical beasts. They must have something on their land that is blocking ley lines from naturally forming," Alice explained. "I remember reading something in one of the files we took from the hidden library the council had. There is a special type of stone that neutralizes magic. The council was hoping to use the stone to magic cuffs and cells that will take one's magic away from them when they're imprisoned. It could be possible they're land is rich with it."

"And if they try to establish ley lines, the stone will just reject it," Pyrus said and she nodded. "So they're blood line will have sacrificed their magic for nothing," Shelton said. "Is there any way to be sure that is what is keeping their people from being able to use magic?" "Only by going there and getting some samples," Alice replied. "I think we should try and help them," I told them.

"After what they did to Shelton and Nathaniel? They can go to hell," Pyrus told me. "I know what they did was bad," I said. "But I say we kill them with kindness. I think we try to contact Aniavin, and tell them of the possibility that taking the ley lines from this content wont work because it's possible there is a natural source that is keeping them from using their magic. Maybe if we find that source, then we can help them remove it so ley lines can form. I know what they did is horrible and I'm not gonna forgive them for it, but I want to do what I feel is best, when it comes to ensuring we don't have any future problems later on. I don't want our children to know what war is like. If we can prevent it now, then I say we do it."

Alice gave me a soft sweet smile while the guys were torn between the anger they felt towards them for what they did, to the possible peace we could get for our kids. "We got all the genie votes in, every genie voted for a new start, and I know most of the other kingdoms want a new start too. We can't bring our troubles with us if we move," I told them. "Because then it wont really be a new start for us, just a different battlefield."

They all shared a look, one of defeat. "We will do our best to work with them, personal issues off to the side. We need to do what's best for our people and our children," Shelton said with a nod. I smiled brightly, "Yay." "I say after we get the votes in, we write a letter to Aniavin, trying to establish some form of contact," Qin declared and we all agreed.

After that Alice and I went to take a bath. "I'm proud of you," Alice said from where she sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder, one of her arms wrapping around me from behind. "Why is that," I asked her. "You have grown so much as a ruler," she told me. "And you're an amazing mom." I felt my cheeks heat up, "I'm not the only mom, you're their mom too." "I know, but you give mom a whole new meaning," she told me. I turned my head and kissed the top of hers.

"Do you think Aniavin will listen to us," I asked her. "I don't know Cindy," She confessed with a sigh. "The magic preventing mineral makes sense on why they have no ley lines, but I hope they will let us figure it out and help them."

Goddess please let the Aniavins want the same as us, and that is peace.