Chapter 15

Shyrah's POV

The island was beyond anything I thought it could ever be. My dads have really out done themselves. It didn't take long for the witches to start their part. Some of the trades have also started to arrive to assist. I've been here for a week and it's been the best week ever. I haven't had to deal with the pain of my mate, meaning I was able to sleep properly. My dads are wanting me to use this time to relax and enjoy myself, but I was a little restless seeing everyone here doing their part, and I want to help. 

I walked with Pyrus around the island to see if they finished the last part of the island. A fae with bright white hair, electric blue eyes, black and gray tattoos covering his arms, snake bites, and three piercings in his ears approached us. His arms were thick in muscle and he was half a foot taller than me, if I wore my heels. The man handed Pyrus a clipboard, "We're all good to get the trades into the area." His voice was one of those that you wanted to hear all the time.  Pyrus nodded as he began to look over it, "Thanks Rohan." Rohan's eyes moved to me, and I gave him a smile. He was beyond sexy. His mate is one lucky person, that's for sure. 

"This is my oldest Shryah, she'll be here looking over the progress," Pyrus said to him. "Shryah, this is Lord Rohan, he's in charge when I have to step away from the project." "It's nice to meet you," Rohan said to me. I nodded, "Likewise." After Pyrus and Rohan went over a few more details, Rohan went back to work. "His mate rejected him two hundred years ago," Pyrus said as we began to walk towards our tents. "Why would they reject him," I asked a little shocked. Were they blind? "She was a greedy bitch. Rohan is the bastard son of a Lord, and given the time period he was born in, that meant he was considered less than nothing. She already had her sights set on his younger half brother who was the official son. Jokes on her though because he was gay and met his mate. But, since he couldn't produce an heir, their father had no choice but to accept Rohan, officially declaring him. She tried to get back into his life, but he shut her down in a heart beat. She got revenge by sleeping around to hurt him. To save one of the best Lords we've ever had, my father would send him away a lot. By the time I got my company up and started he had become one of my closest friends. I hired him and I continue to send him away on projects to ensure she couldn't hurt him. As far as I'm aware, neither of them have mated. She continues to try and contact him though." 

"Why are you telling me all this," I asked him curiously. "So you know that you're not alone here," he answered. "He may even have some tips. He's been avoiding his mate for centuries." I nodded in understanding, "I see." He then shrugged, "And I saw how you admired him." My face felt a little warm. Was I that obvious with it? 

He chuckled softly and shook his head. "I don't know how Qin or Nathaniel will react to you admiring the Lord. They don't like him. Lord Rohan is difficult and doesn't show emotion, and he can be an ass. He also lacks a filter. He spent centuries being hurt, so he keeps himself guarded, quick to hurt others before they can hurt him. If you do try to pursue him, be careful." I nodded, "Thanks dad." He hugged me and kissed my head. He then went to his tent and I decided to roam the island. 

It couldn't really be considered an island any more. It was a whole continent. They had taken every territory from every species and calculated the amount of space they had combined then doubled it because they know as the years go by, they'll grow in size and they wanted to make sure they had the room to grow without fighting for territory. My parents really did try to think of everything, wanting everyone to be as happy as possible. They were truly amazing. 

The next day I was walking about, and I saw Rohan taking a break sitting on a rock, drinking a bottle of water. I looked out at the water and saw a couple of ships headed towards the island. Earlier this morning my mother Alice appeared to take Qin and Pyrus back to the castle so they could assist in feeding Shelton and Nathaniel, leaving Rohan and I in charge. When he saw the ships approach, he stood. He didn't say anything to me as we walked over to the dock. A man unboarded the ship. He was the vampire Lord Carlic Stey. "Glad to see you made it safely." "Where is King Qin and Prince Pyrus," he asked with a slight sneer as he spoke to me. "My fathers were needed at home today. I'm Princess Shyrah and this is Lord Rohan. They left us in charge till they return," I introduced. I had to keep reminding myself to sound polite. I could practically hear Mania in my head telling I can attract more flies with honey than I can with vinegar or something like that.

"And when will they return," he asked. I shrugged, "No clue. So how many workers did you bring?" "Why do I have to tell you," he sneered. "So we can get shit started," I snapped. Screw honey, I'm gonna stick with the vinegar. "Knowing the number of men as well as what they're certified in will allow Lord Rohan to assign them to where they are needed. So cut the crap and drop the rude ass attitude you have and let's be professional."

"A Princess shouldn't use such vulgar language," Lord Carlic said wide eyed. "Well this Princess gives no fucks. I will use whatever language I think is most suited for the situation and if cussing worse than a sailor will get you to do what I asked, then so be it," I told him. After that he began to comply like a good little Lord.

When sunset came my dad's returned. "I see Lord Carlic made it here safely," Pyrus noted with a nod. I nodded, "Got here earlier today. Lord Rohan got them divided up and work has began." Qin nodded, "Good. Our time line may be able to jump ahead of schedule if we keep up this pace." That was a good thing, and a bad thing. A good thing because then my family will all be reunited here and a bad thing because then my ex-mayor will be able to put me through hell. I plan to set myself up a house, as far from him as possible. Since our continent was bigger than America, I should be fine. Hopefully.