Chapter 16

Qin's POV

I noticed Shyrah and Rohan talking while looking over the clipboard. "They've been spending a lot of time together," I muttered to Pyrus. "Who," he asked while not looking up from his sketchbook. "Shyrah and that Fae," I answered. "I hadn't noticed," he said but the way he said it had me looking at him. I narrowed my eyes at him, "You're responsible aren't you?" He raised an eyebrow at me, "Responsible for what?"  "You know what I'm talking about," I said as I glared. "Rohan enjoys using women, remember? Shyrah doesn't need that right now." "One Rohan says from the beginning, what he is looking for and how it won't lead to anything else. Two, maybe that's all Shyrah is looking for herself after the shit she's been through. He is the only one I know, who understands the shit she's going through. So just leave it be Qin. If he hurts her, then by all means, step in. If you try to step in before then, I'm telling Alice," he warned. I huffed and crossed my arms. He smiled in victory, knowing I was terrified of the ass chewing I'd get. I reluctantly accepted it and looked at his sketch.

"What are you working on," I asked him. "A suitable back yard for the kids," he answered. "I couldn't help but notice, every castle be it the one you grew up in, or the one I grew up in, none of us had anywhere outside to play. We were always told to stay inside and do whatever lessons. Because Alice and Nathaniel are immortal and we're bound to them, none of us have to pass on our crowns unless our children want to one day take over the kingdom. It's not something we're forcing on them, like our parents forced on us. They have the chance to be children, something we didn't have the chance to be." I thought about what he said, and nodded. He was right. Most of us were in constant lessons on how to be royalty, our childhood stripped from us.

He then moved so he was laying down, his head in my lap. "I got tired of the tree root stabbing me in the ass," he said and I chuckled. "I could have made the root move," I said as I began to run my fingers through his hair. "I like this alternative better," he said with a smirk. "It's not often I get to be this close to your dick anymore." I felt my cheeks heat up as I covered his mouth with my hand, "Not so loud Pyrus." He chuckled, before he began to lick my hand. I removed my hand from his mouth and wiped it across his cheek, "Weirdo." "You wouldn't complain if I was licking somewhere else," Pyrus smiled.

"We're outside," I hissed as my cock hardened. "You and Nathaniel were outside when you two camped all those months ago," Pyrus stated. That was when we were looking to make sure we didn't get any children killed when dealing with the rebels.

"We were in a tent, in the middle of the woods, where no one else was around," I told him. Pyrus chuckled, "We could have it arranged. I think it'd be better without the tent though. Taking you out in the open." My face felt like it was on fire, "Goddess you're insane." "You and our mates made me that way," he declared. "Is there no way to shut you up," I asked him. He smiled, "You can try kissing me, but no promises though." I chuckled and bent down to kiss him. Instead of it being a simple one, he put a hand on the back of my head to keep me in place as his tongue began to dominate my mouth.

"Gross, get a room," Shyrah said and Pyrus let me go. My face was extremely hot. "Kind of hard, but we have a tent, however, I don't like having an audience," Pyrus said as he sat up to properly look at Shyrah and Lord Rohan.

"We're done for the day," Lord Rohan said before he handed the clipboard in his hands. Pyrus nodded, "Good work." Lord Rohan went to walk away, but Pyrus stopped him. "I have a question Rohan." Rohan turned back to him with a raised eyebrow. "How far does one need to be from their mate to not be affected when they have sex with another," Pyrus asked him.

"Dad," Shyrah said softly with a glare but we ignored her. He eyed her then looked back to us. "It depends. What damage has been suffered so far? The more damage one has taken because of it, the more sensitive they become because they're not as strong as they had been." "Major damage to the heart causing the heart beat to become irregular. They run the risk of a heart attack if under too much stress due to how badly stressed and hurt the heart has become," I answered. "How long has it been going on," he asked, looking concerned as he looked at her. "A few months," Pyrus replied.

"Your mate is a sadistic fuck," he told her. "He's been having sex for long periods of time twice a day maybe more if it's only been a few months." "It's why we brought her here, to put distance between them," I told him. "However, her mate isn't human, meaning he'll be here eventually." "She may have to not live in the kingdom," Rohan informed us. "Unless she finds another to mate with before they arrive."

"Our only problem is, she won't tell us who it is. So we have no idea if he will come with one of the trades," Pyrus told him. "Meaning we have no time line to go off of. If he is part of the trades, then we're calling Alice and sending her back to the castle." "I can't keep running," Shyrah sighed.

"Can't you go back to the Demonic Realm," Rohan asked. She shook her, "My sisters and I are considered criminals. We'll get arrested on the spot. I lost my wings, I'm not risking theirs." "What happened to warrant that kind of punishment," Pyrus asked shocked. "Stole food," Shyrah said. "As orphans we had no money so we were gonna have to pay with our wings. I had just had mine cut from me when Mania snapped and her magic came forth, teleporting us out of the realm, to dad."

"And there is no statute of limitations," I said and she nodded. "I always have to sneak in and out when I do go. I'm not gonna live in hiding while also hiding from my mate. That's no way to live."

"Then you may need to find someone who doesn't have a mate who will do you a favor, or you will die," Rohan told her up front. She scoffed, "And what do you suggest I do? Put an ad on Craigslist? I don't think so. I'm not gonna risk mating with someone I barely know, for them to just turn around and cheat, putting me through this shit again."

Her phone began to ring so she walked away to answer it. "We suggested hunting him down and locking him up but our women are all about doing the right thing," Pyrus shared with him. "If only shit was that easy," Rohan said with a soft scoff.

"Is there anything she can do for the pain," I asked him. "The moment she starts to feel it, she needs to have sex with someone, and pray he can't continue what he was doing because he's hurting too bad," Rohan answered before he walked away.

"We'll figure it out," Pyrus whispered to me. I felt my eyes burn, "I don't want to loose our daughter." He kissed my cheek, "We won't." Goddess I hope so.