Chapter 12

Qin's POV

I couldn't wait to get home. I have been here for so long, it feels I haven't been with anyone for years. Except Pyrus since he and the Fae that were assisting came a few weeks ago to start their part. Soon we would be leaving for the twin's birthday. I can't believe it's already been a year. With all the insanity that's been going on, the time just flew by. 

I was looking over things on my clipboard when arms wrapped around my waist, and a chin rested on the top of my head. "Come have lunch with me," Pyrus said to me. I nodded, "Okay."  I gave the clipboard to one of the overseers before he took my hand and lead me over to the mess hall tent. Being in tents for so long brought up memories of living in a war camp. Goddess I miss our bed. We sat at one of the tables with our food. 

"Alice is on her way by boat so she can teleport us home," he shared with me. "She also wants to look over the island, and the plans for the witches for when it's time to start their turn." I nodded, "Things are running so smooth, that we're ahead of schedule so it's only a matter of time before they'll  be able to come and help." Pyrus smirked, "Our tent will get crowded then." I rolled my eyes as my cheeks felt warm, "Not all the time. She'll be doing a lot of back and forth to feed the babies." He nodded, "I envy her ability to go back and forth the way she can. She can take a proper shower and easily sleep in a bed." I chuckled and shook my head. 

That night I was soaking in the large tub in the tent I shared with Pyrus to help relax my sore muscles. Sleeping on the ground tonight wasn't going to help. We didn't have much for furniture since we're having to constantly move the tents around because of areas we were working on, so sleeping on a pallet on the ground was the best it was going to get for us until we got home. When Pyrus came in, I felt his eyes run over my chest. "Too bad this tub isn't big enough for the two of us," he said as he came over to me. He gave me a kiss that had my cock hardening instantly. "Maybe when Alice gets here, we'll have her fix that issue for us," he said as he pulled away to take his shirt off. After I finished soaking, I got out and used my abilities to instantly dry myself. 

I laid on the pallet and Pyrus laid with me. He pulled me to him, "Just think, tomorrow our beautiful Phoenix will be here to take us home for a little bit, allowing us to sleep in our bed for a couple of nights." I chuckle softly, "Are you going to jump her like you did me when you first saw me shortly after you arrived?" He smirked, "I didn't hear you complain when I did. The sounds you made were quite the opposite. I can easily get you to make them again if you need a refresher on what those sounds were." I felt my face heat up, and he chuckled softly in my ear. 

"You are lucky we have to be up early to meet her, or I would gladly have a repeat of that day," Pyrus told me. "It's gonna be another story when we get home though." I bit my lip as he pressed his hard on against me. It was rather difficult to fall asleep, but it was easy to get up the next morning. 

I dressed in my jeans, t-shirt, and combat boots. I gathered my hair up and put it in a ponytail at the base of my neck. Pyrus was eager to get to the shore to meet her and lead me out of the tent quickly. We could see her on the boat that was nearing the land. Since she was able to see the land and us, she was able to teleport the rest of the way. She wrapped her arms around our necks, "I've missed you both so much." We returned her hug until she stepped away. She pinched my cheek, "You look like you haven't been sleeping properly." "The pallet he's been calling a bed, isn't all that comfortable," Pyrus told her. "I've only been on it a couple of weeks, and it's already giving my back hell." "We'll have to make sure you boys get some proper rest," she said while letting my cheek go. 

"What did you call us," Pyrus asked her, pulling her closer her. She laughed, "Come on boys, show me the island." He gave her butt a smack, "We will have to teach you a lesson once we get home." She smiled and took our hands and we showed her what we had finished so far. She seemed to love all of it. When we were ready, she teleported us home.

Suddenly a small genie was throwing herself at us and we caught her easily. "We've missed you so much," she said with a sniffle. "We've missed you too," I told her. She let us go to embrace the rest of our mates.

Then it was time for the girls before we went to see the babies. I hadn't realized just how badly I had missed everyone until I was home. At dinner Mania talked a lot with Shyrah and Karla while Cindy and Alice caught us up on the more recent magical mishaps from the babies.

After dinner we lounged in the media room. I had Amara in my arms, holding a bottle for her. "How much longer do you think it's going to take," Shelton asked us. "We're almost ready for the trades to come and start the building. Once we're a good ways in, the witches can establish the magic that will allow everything to run. As long as everything keeps going as smooth as it is, we'll be finished early," Pyrus explained to him.

"How is everything with the humans," I asked Shelton. "They're persistent in trying to get us to change our minds," Shelton said with a sigh. "They're not making any effort to show any change though," Nathaniel added in. "Three businesses owned by supernaturals were vandalized yesterday with hateful messages done by humans. The hate crimes are beginning to escalate."

"We've had to pose as humans just to leave the house," Karla muttered with disgust. It wasn't that she was against humans that made her so disgusted. It was that she had to hide herself. Our daughters are very proud of their Demon heritage, and having to hide that fills them with disgust which is understandable.

"Why have you been leaving the castle," I asked them. "We're helping families pack and donate things they don't need before the move," Mania explained. "And we went to clean the businesses that were vandalized since the human authorities weren't going to do anything," Shyrah added in with a scoff. "Not all the humans are bad, but the good humans are too scared to do anything because they have seen humans who are mates to those who are supernatural have been jumped and severely injured, and they don't want that to happen to them. We're trying to help where we can."

"We're proud of the efforts you girls are making to help," Alice said to them. "Please be careful though." "We are mom," Mania said with a bright smile.

After that we relaxed and just enjoyed time as a family until it was time for the babies to go to sleep. When I got to the bedroom I saw the bed and it was like it sang to me. Pyrus chuckled, "I feel the same." We were both tired so we stripped and crawled into bed. As soon as my head hit the soft pillow, I was out like a light.