13| Awkward

"I hate Chemistry!" I close the textbook, shove it away on the coffee table, and lean back against the couch with a pounding headache. I cross my arms over my chest, pouting, "This is stupid. I hate this. I'm never going to understand anything!"

Brad chuckles and looks over from beside me. "We haven't been working that long."

"I don't care," I mutter, shaking my head. "I'm done."

"Would you like me to make this studying session better?" He asks, his eyes lingering on me longer than usual.

Snorting, I joke, "How? By going back in time to make sure the subject was never invented?"

Brad doesn't say anything. He climbs off the couch and kneels down in front of me, resting his hands on my bare knees. "I think this will be better than time traveling."

My eyes widen in anticipation and my breathing quickens as knots form in my stomach. Part of me is glad I'm wearing a skirt, while the other is grateful I have on matching bra and underwear. "Brad...?"

He spreads my legs and runs his warm hands under my skirt and down my thighs. I flinch as he pinches my delicate skin. I melt against his touch. He smirks and leans down between my legs.

My eyes snap open and I instantly hate my internal body clock for waking me up. I feel the blush creeping on my face and I hide under the covers, embarrassed. What kind of dream was that?! And... why do I want to finish it? My phone beeps with a new text and as I check it I see the time and freak out, jumping out of bed. "I'm late! I'm going to be late!" After getting dressed, I rush downstairs and detour to the kitchen, snatching the half bagel out of the toaster as Mom goes to grab it. "Sorry, I'm late!"

"That was my bagel, Codi!" Mom yells, laughing. "Have a good day at school!"

I trip running to the door and grab the couch, catching myself, and wave to Uncle Paulter. "Bye, Mom! Bye, Uncle Paulter."

Even though my car's fixed, Kal still insists on giving me a ride. I'm completely fine with that, except when he refuses gas money. I climb in his car and say, "Sorry, I overslept."

Kal pulls on the tag. "Your shirt is inside out."

Groaning, I hand him my bagel—which he takes a bite of—and take my shirt off. I bang my elbow on the door and wince. "Ow, shit." I tug my shirt back on—right this time—and brush messy hair out of my face. "I forgot to set my stupid alarm. I didn't even have time for a shower." I look over and notice Kal's cheeks are tinted. Is he blushing?

"Alarms are a bitch," He whispers before finishing my breakfast.

"Hey, that was mine!"

"I'll get you another one after school," He promises as he starts driving. "So, did you stay up late daydreaming about your new boyfriend? Is that why you forgot to set your alarm?"

"No, I fell asleep pretty fast. It was the dream I didn't want to wake up from." I smile and think back on the dream. His hands were warm. I shake the dirty thoughts away.

Kal rolls his eyes. "Gross. Keep your horny dreams to yourself."

"You are such a baby, sometimes." I look out the window and start picking at my nails. I haven't heard from Brad since last night, even though he said he'd call. "I'm just nervous about seeing Brad. He hasn't texted me all night or morning. We say goodnight and good morning every day. It's just weird."

"What, you make out with a guy and he doesn't have the decency to call?" He jokes, scoffing, and rolls his eyes again. "What a gentleman."

"I double texted him last night, but I never got a response. Maybe I'm coming on too clingy, or I did something wrong last night. Was the kiss not good enough? Is it bad I used tongue? Oh God, it's because I used tongue." I look over and ask, "Do you think things are going to be weird?"