22| Drunk Truth or Dare

Elliot always throws crazy parties. Loud music. Drinking. Skin on skin. The three brands of Elliot Reyes. Kal hates parties, so I'm surprised he tagged along, and I can tell Brad isn't happy about it. Those two still haven't bonded yet. You can bring your best friend and your boyfriend to the water, but you can't force them to get along.

"Hey, you made it!" The host shouts as he greets us in the foyer, three shots in his hand. "Congrats on your win, by the way, Codi. My sister told me you finally made a homerun."

"Thanks, Elliot." I grab a shot and down it fast. Tequila, cool. "I'm kind of glad season's over, but I'll miss softball."

Brad and Kal take the other two shots.

"Codi!" Jessica shouts, running over with Lanley. "Come play Twister with us."

"I love Twister!" I shout, following her into the living room as I drag Brad and Kal with me.

My boyfriend lets go of my hand and steps back. "Actually, I'll skip this round. Don't want to stretch out my new jeans."

Kal rolls his eyes. "I'm in."

"Great! So, it's me, Lanley, Codi, Kal, Stephanie, and Elliot," Jessica explains before turning to Brad. "Would you be the spinner?"

He nods. "Sure."

"Wait!" Elliot shouts, rushing in the room with a bottle of tequila and mini glasses. "Everyone has to take a shot before we play!"

We all agree and take a shot.

Brad flicks the spinner. "Okay. Right foot, red."

Elliot takes a step forward and trips on his face. "Fuck!"

"Well, that was fast," Jessica teases with a laugh. "What, are you drunk already?"

"WhAt, aRe YoU dRuNk aLrEaDy?" He mocks as he flicks off his twin sister. "Yes, I am!" He states proudly before storming off to the kitchen for more drinks—I assume.

"Your brother can be an ass sometimes," Stephanie admits, stepping on the mat, and Kal and I do the same. "But he's kind of cute, too."

Jessica rolls her eyes. She bumps her hip into Stephanie and knocks her over. "Oops. Guess you have to go talk to my brother now."

Stephanie winks at her before skipping out of the living room.

"Left hand, yellow."

Kal and I bend at the same time and bump heads. "Tipsy already?" I joke, tilting my head.

"You know I was never good at this game."

Brad spins again. "Left foot, green."

"Shit!" Jessica leans forward and falls, taking Lanley down with her. She grabs her face with a smile. "Well, if this is a way to go..." They share a kiss before climbing off the mat.

"Just you and me," Kal whispers, winking. "Who will rein victorious?" He challenges, raising a high eyebrow.

"We all know it's going to be me," I proudly state, pretending to push him. I glance over at Brad; he seems annoyed.

"Right hand, blue."

With one step, my ankle gives out, and I trip and fall against Kal, knocking off both on the mat. We lay on our sides, laughing, and turn to look at each other. "Technically, we both lost."

"What do you mean? I win," Kal corrects. "You're the one who tripped and fell."

"And you fell with me."