26| Twisted Little Secret- Part One

two days later

"Seems like we've been waiting for prom forever and it's finally here," I tell Jessica and Stephanie over FaceTime as we get virtually-ready together. "I'm so excited for tonight."

Brad promised me a romantic night to get our relationship back to its romantic self and booked us a hotel room out of town. I'm glad I lost my virginity freshman year so there's not another layer of awkwardness tonight. Besides, Brad and I've had sex before, so there's isn't much to worry about.

I lean towards my phone camera as I carefully apply eyeliner over my lid. "I'm going to be so freaking pissed if I swear all my makeup off." 

"Aren't you going to be sweating tonight, anyway?" Jessica teases and Stephanie giggles along.

I shake my head with a chuckle. "Telling you was a mistake. Now you're going to tease Brad and me all night."

"Jess is just jealous 'cause she can't get any," Stephanie adds as she pouts her lip with fresh pink lip-gloss.

"For your information, Lanley and I are going to prom together," She defends, smirking proudly at the camera. "I finally asked her yesterday. Better late than never."

"Yeah, finally, Jess," I remind her.

"I got a date, too," Stephanie whispers.

Jessica and I share a look before staring at our friend. "Who?"

"What's his name?" She adds.

Stephanie grins. "You'll see tonight."

"No, no, no! Prom doesn't start for another two hours," Jessica says. "I can't wait that long. My curiosity will kill me before then."

I agree with a nod. "She has a point, Steph."

She sighs and bites back a smile. "Okay... but no one can get mad."

"Why would we get mad?"

"Yeah, why? It's not like you're bringing one of Codi's exes, right?" Jessica asks.

"No."

"Then who?" We ask together.

"Elliot," Stephanie admits.

I smile. "I knew it!"

Jessica blinks. "Elliot? As in my idiot twin brother?"

She nods. "Yeah, that idiot. Is it weird?"

"No." Jessica shakes her head. "I don't get how you saw past that disaster exterior and decided there was something worth liking there. Even if my brother's annoying, an ass, a jerk, a—"

"Are you reading off a list?" I ask her, laughing. 

"No, but I do have one."

I roll my eyes. "Of course you do."

"Even if Elliot's every possible insult in the world, he does have a soft side, and I'm glad he's sharing it with someone we both care about."

Stephanie beams a smile. "That's sweet, Jess! I didn't know you had a soft side, too."

"It runs in the family." Jessica stands up and walks off camera. When she pops her had back into frame, she's changed into her prom dress. "Listen, you have my permission to beat up my brother if he does something stupid."

She laughs. "Elliot told me the same thing."

"Your dress is beautiful, Jess!" I compliment. She's wearing a strapless pink mermaid tail-style dress with ruffles on the skirt. Jess is the only person I know who can pull off ruffles. "A lot different than your softball uniform."