three

❀

Gracelyn once again found herself staring at Remus in their Astronomy class.

During the fifth year of studies at Hogwarts, students must study Jupiter's moons and write an essay containing facts such as Europa being covered by ice and Io having many volcanoes.

Professor Sinistra liked to throw in some astrology activities during class as well, even though astrology correlated more with Divination.

Today, Professor Sinistra decided to give the students downtime since they had been studying hard for the essay. They were going to read the Daily Prophet to find out their love predictions for the year in the horoscope section.

"What's yours say?" asked Lily Evans as she leaned over Gracelyn. "What're you?"

"Aries," answered Gracelyn. "You?"

Contrary to what the Wizarding World made of people born under Aries, Gracelyn was not rash or loud-mouthed. She preferred to be stick to the shadows, but she didn't mind stepping out every now and then.

"Aquarius. Mine says something about opening up and all that. You?"

"It says 'You will learn to grow out of your shell and meet new people and form new relationships.' I don't know about that. I usually keep to myself and Sage," responded Gracelyn.

"Aspen?" asked Lily. "She's a hard one."

"What do you mean?"

Lily smiled. "Only think I've seen her smile around you."

"Oh - well, we've been friends for about three years now," Gracelyn casually responded.

Lily hummed. "So why is it you've been staring at Lupin this whole class?"

Gracelyn's cheeks flushed. "I - I just like to admire pretty people."

Lily chuckled, folding the Daily Prophet in half. "You should talk to him."

She shook her head. "I doubt he'd want to talk to me. We've never talked before. Plus, he's been...odd lately."

Lily nodded. "Yeah, so have Black, Potter, and Pettigrew. They haven't been talking, I hear."

Gracelyn nodded. "I noticed. I feel bad. Remus looks...lonely."

"First name basis?"

"I - I meant Lupin," Gracelyn defended.

Lily laughed. "I'm sure you did. It never hurts to try. You should be quick though. Lupin's one of the good ones. Loads of girls like him. You don't want to miss your chance."