twenty-two

❀

The O.W.L.s were tough to get through. Gracelyn wasn't sure if she was glad to be a sixth year next year. She decided to take N.E.W.T. level Herbology, Potions, and Care of Magical Creatures. She was sure she was going to die by taking three N.E.W.T. classes.

Remus had gotten through his O.W.L.s fairly easily. He felt more relaxed because of the Marauders. He wanted to thank Gracelyn, but he was certain she didn't want to see him, so he left it at that.

The train ride back to King's Cross Station was nostalgic for him. For most of the school year, he ignored his friends and made one new friend, but now he lost that friend.

Gracelyn usually stayed in a compartment with Sage, but she had made friends with Lily, Emmeline, and Dorcas. Now that Gracelyn decided to become a Healer and that boys didn't determine her happiness, she found herself being a matchmaker between Emmeline and Sage. That two had hit it off, considering it was the first time they met. The other three sent knowing glances and began Plan Semmeline. It was difficult to come up with a tangible couple name for them, but they decided on Semmeline.

As Emmeline and Sage talked in a corner, Gracelyn decided to talk about Plan Jilly. She turned to Lily and crossed her legs before straightening up and placing her hands on her lap.

"So about a certain James Potter..."

Lily rolled her eyes. "He eased up slightly after Lupin left the Marauders, but now that they're all back together, he's been bugging me nonstop."

"Well, he's not here now," Dorcas pointed out.

Gracelyn shrugged before slouching over. "Suppose we should give him that. Hey, your horoscope said to keep your mind open or some sort of that," she said to Lily.

Lily frowned. "Mind open for James? If he would actually stop and talk to me like a normal human being, then perhaps, but so far, he knows nothing of me. He only liked me because of my looks. I'll need more than that."

"So you will give him a chance if he was normal," said Gracelyn.

"I think that makes the most sense," Lily replied.

"Not sure if there's anything normal about the Marauders," muttered Dorcas.

"That's very true," replied Gracelyn.