thirty

❀

Gracelyn found herself at the Astronomy Tower after curfew, gazing at the stars once more. She hadn't been there since the night Remus and her nearly had sex under the moonlight. She remembered that night vividly and it brought a blush to her cheeks each time. From her place on the ground, she recalled Remus being absolutely beautiful under the moonlight. He looked like a young god and it made her heart beat wildly.

"Gracelyn?"

In her shock, she nearly slipped off the ledge until a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her back against their chest.

"R-Remus?"

He sheepishly smiled down at her. "That's me."

He was laying on the ground, his upper body supported by his forearms as Gracelyn sat between his legs.

"Sorry," she mumbled, scooting away from him.

"It's always beautiful up here," he murmured.

"That's why I always come up here," she agreed.

"It reminds me of the first time we met up here," he added.

She smiled. "Yeah, it does. That was a nice night, even if you were drunk."

"I wasn't drunk. I was tipsy," he corrected.

"You were well on your way to drunk, Mr. Lupin," she teased.

He rolled his eyes. "All right, Miss Cohen."

She stifled a giggle.

"I can see you trying not to giggle. Go ahead, let it all out," he sarcastically replied.

She burst out laughing. "Sorry, Remus, it's just really nice to have you back. Wait, I didn't mean for that to sound so weird. I mean that I missed your company."

"Yeah, me too," he answered. "So, how are you and Wood?"

She rolled her eyes. "I broke it off with him. Lily was there to lecture him about what not to do while trying to get a girl to like him."

"That sounds like her. You know, I think Evans and James are endgame," he confessed.

"Oh - definitely," she retorted. "So are Sage and Emmeline. Now we just need Dorcas, Black, Pettigrew, and us, I suppose."

Remus cleared his throat. "Well, I - I think we can cross two off that list."

Suddenly, hoping she understood his hint correctly, Gracelyn shuffled around, blushing.

"O-Oh, is that so? Who?" she asked.

Remus's eyes darted around. "Is it... Is it safe to say us?"

She peeked at him, only to see he had his eyes clenched. He knew he was stupid to assume so and he didn't want to see what her reaction was.

"I think... I think it's safe to say yes," she murmured.

Remus opened his eyes, locking in on Gracelyn. "Really?"

She nodded, and he broke out into a grin. He extended one hand and beckoned her toward him. She crawled over to him.

"So we're all right?" Remus asked.

"We're all right," she answered.

His hand cradled the back of her head and pulled her in for a kiss. This time, they would communicate their feelings toward each other more clearly. Remus would try to stop blaming himself for things that weren't his fault and Gracelyn would stop running away from things that scared her. The two kissed underneath the moonlight, now paired together, rather than the night he ran away from her in fear. They would be okay together.

NOTE ! Thank you everyone who stayed this far for coming onto this journey with me. When I was wrote this, I was still in high school and I didn't realize that some things I wrote were not okay and were stereotypical. As a bisexual, I wanted to write a realistic story about how real people would actually behave. I've had my fair share of gay encounters, manipulative and gaslighting people, and just people with bad morals. The relationship of Sage and Gracelyn really rubbed people the wrong way and I apologize for that. I did not mean for it to come out like that. I wanted to have representation in a story, and I realize I could have done that without making Sage like Gracelyn, but I believed at the time that it was a representative way to show unrequited love in any identity, gender, or sexuality. If I had made Sage a man, most people would be rooting for a love triangle with Gracelyn. If I had switched Sage for Sirius, that would most definitely be the case. I could have made Sage bisexual instead or pansexual, but I chose to make her lesbian so that she could find her own story within this story. I wanted to put this note at the beginning as I know a lot of people left in the first chapter because of this but I did not want to spoil the story for readers who wanted continue. Again, I apologize for my inconsiderate decisions within this story.