eleven

❀

Remus was used to going to Hogsmeade with the Marauders. He was used to watching James scramble after Lily, Peter eating his chocolate, and Sirius making horrible jokes with a butter-beer mustache.

It pained him to not go to Hogsmeade with his friends. He decided he wouldn't go that year in order to not feel as lonely - as dumb as that sounded.

But once he saw Gracelyn animatedly talking to Sage in the corridor during passing time, he couldn't stop his own feet from walking toward them.

And that was how he managed to snag Gracelyn away from Sage on their first Hogsmeade date together - or the first date in general.

They took refuge from the cold in Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. Remus learned it didn't matter what the weather was because Gracelyn was always up for ice cream.

"I've never had cherry before," she muttered before plopping a spoonful into her mouth.

They had both gotten a scoop in a cup, settling for a corner table in the back of the shop.

"Is it good?" Remus asked.

She nodded. "Delightful. How is your chocolate?" She wrinkled her nose at that.

"Don't be disrespectful," retorted Remus, pointing a spoon of chocolate ice cream at her.

She smiled, but rolled her eyes, tapping his spoon with her own. He whined, glancing at his spoon.

"You got cherry on my chocolate!"

Gracelyn chuckled. "Cherry and chocolate is still good. Eat it."

He hesitantly ate it, then nodded. "You're right."

"I'm always right. I was the one who had the idea of being kissing buddies, after all."

"Sorry about the other night at the Great Hall," he said sheepishly.

"It's all right. It caught me off guard, but it wasn't bad - except all the questions my House asked. Sorry about that," she said.

"It's all right. I don't think Aspen was too fond about me being there," chimed Remus.

"What? No, Sage just has a bitch face. There's no reason for her to not like you."

Remus shrugged. "If you say so."

"Hey... Do you think chocolate and cherry kisses taste just as good?" Gracelyn shyly asked, eyes flickering up to Remus.

Usually, words weren't exchanged before the kissed because it was always when one of them was stressed or sad. Remus was taken aback by the question and found himself very warm.

"I - I mean - that's - if - if the ice cream was good - that - yes," he stuttered.

Gracelyn smiled at that before leaning over the table to peck his lips before quickly withdrawing. It felt different to them. It was unlike any other kiss they shared before.

Remus Lupin had a crush on her.