fourteen

❀

Gracelyn was miserable. She always knew she liked Remus, but she didn't know she liked him that much. Sage didn't like seeing Gracelyn sad. It pained her, but she knew she couldn't just stalk up to Remus and yell at him. At least, not yet.

Sage snuck into the Ravenclaw Tower in order to comfort Gracelyn. They were sitting on her bed, surrounded by chocolate and pillows.

"Remus likes chocolate," murmured Gracelyn as she flicked a chocolate wrapper off the bed.

Sage sighed, grabbing Gracelyn's chin in order to tilt her head up. "Being sad about it will do nothing. If it makes you feel better, this is my fault. I gave you the confidence to ask him to be something."

Gracelyn shook her head. "Sage, it's not your fault."

"Oh, Gracie, I think it is. All this time, you could have simply watched him from afar but I gave you the confidence to be something more and I'm sorry for that."

Gracelyn crawled over to Sage's lap and hugged her. "It's not your fault. I was the idiot who listened to you. Besides, lesson learned. I should stop falling for attractive guys in kissing agreements."

Sage shook her head but reciprocated the hug. "You're an idiot."

"I know," she whispered.

Sage's fingers twitched. Her crush was right in front of her. To make things worse, she was sitting on her lap with her arms around her. Gracelyn had never been so close yet so far. Sage weighed her options. Kissing right now would definitely be a bad idea, but people with broken hearts did regrettable things all the time.

"What if... What if you got another kissing buddy in order to drown your sorrows? I could do it. There aren't many girls here willing to kiss other girls and I'm comfortable with you," said Sage.

She made a mistake. She shouldn't have asked that. She knew that, but she was so stupid and couldn't control her urges or her mouth from spewing out idiotic things.

Gracelyn sniffled. "All right. I'm okay with that."

Sage was completely bamboozled.