IV

Please read the A/N at the end for better understanding of the story.

I am so happy that my family is whole again, however old habits die hard, and after dinner Tyrion had a fight with our father as did Jaime regarding the lineage of the Lannister family and today they both decided to go into town and cool off. So early in the morning I sent Tayta to get my sister and Elyn to prepare sweets and tea in my garden.

I hear leaves ruffle near the table, "You know, I have always found it adorable that you have your own garden, makes me wonder what you do in secret while in here." ha, all sorts of scheming and planning "I just wanted a quiet place to gather my thoughts and on this occasion to talk privately with you dear sister."

"Tell me more stories about my nephew, our future king" let's figure out just what kind of king Joffrey is going to be Cersie laughs a little, and gathers her thoughts before answering "He is such a gentle child, always takes good care of his sister. It is still fairly early to think of him as a king... but I can say, not just because I'm his mother, that he is going to go down in history, he will be a king to be remembered." But remembered for what? Good or bad?

Maybe for good, who knows... "That much I'm certain of, besides he'll have you by his side helping him along the way. I've never seen any red flags on Joffrey, well other than that one time he gifted me a cat only to show me how he could tear it open and keep it alive at the same time. But I'm sure it was just a face." By the seven let it be a face...

The afternoon was spent with me drawing once more Cersie's portrait and her telling me how insufferable Robert is. He is always drunk and with a whore or poor servant girl hanging by his side. "I'm being honest Davina, if it weren't for Jaime being there I would have gone crazy years ago. Him being a good brother and knight always keeps me company." I've been avoiding those rumors for a long time, but I guess they aren't all rumors. Fuck, what kind of company sister?

***

After spending the day with Cerise, I met with the girls for some drinks by the water, far from the gardens. "Elyn I'm telling you it's true, Joffrey opened that cat's belly and it was still alive." Elyn shrugs at my story mainly for her love of animals "That is so disturbing, a little boy covered in blood and laughing, I can easily picture a very deranged man in the future."

Tayta beats me and says laughing "Well you better pray to The Mother otherwise, that little cat killing boy is going to be our King one day" let's keep thinking, good "Would you two stop it, I love Joffrey, and yes it's kind of a scary thing to do for a child, but I still have hope in him, maybe he won't be such a bad King."

Brienne as always is the voice of reason, "Good or bad, we won't know until it happens, it's like flipping a coin and guessing... I for one think we should be discussing more present problems... Like, oh I don't know, the fact that Davina is meeting her future husband in little over a week" as if I could forget Tayta shuts down Brienne "Yes Brie we know, but the man is here for a couple of days. She can just ignore him and sort things out after they marry, like everyone does"

Elyn pipes in "Yeah besides I'm sure he is going to spend most of the time exploring the brothels around the city, fucking man whore that one is and.... Ouch!" From the corner of my eye I see Tayta pinch and scowl at Elyn before she continues "Or he could also spend all his time drooling over Davina, yeah I bet he is so going to do that, not even gonna leave the Rock", she nervously laughs waiting for my response.

What DO I think of him coming here? "Look girls, I never really had high expectations when it came to marriage, I mean I knew he was going to be powerful and an ally to the Lannisters. I was never stupid enough to belief it would turn out in love at first sight or whatever nonsense your books say about love Brienne... For girls like me, love is a fantasy, something mothers or sisters tell us before we go to sleep".

Elyn tries to make things better. "What if you do find love overtime with Oberyn, like your parents did?" completely different scenarios my friend "Only the Crone knows my future... but don't be a fool Elyn. Prince Oberyn Martell is as you said a man whore, a man who enjoys the privilege and freedom that being the second son gives him and he won't change his ways for me. I expect nothing but respect in front of other families and that in a very, very drunken night he will give me a son or daughter to raise."

The girls go silent at my somewhat solemn confession, and after a sip of wine "Beside there is no such thing as love" , right?

***

After my crude conversation with the girls yesterday I decided to spend the next morning alone, until I was summoned to my sister's chambers. Now she is telling me yet more stories about my  niece and nephew, gods she does love her children, when I interrupted her "They're Jaime's children right?" Cersei went as still as a rock and turned to look at me with a mix of hatred and fear in her eyes "What?"

I took a breath "I'm sorry for blurring it out like that, but sister, people talk, I have birdies everywhere. Also, I'm not blind nor am I a fool. You think I haven't noticed the way you two look at each other since we were children? He keeps you company, right? Come on, you were the one who taught me how to read people."

With that she sat on the foot of her bed with a look of disbelief "I just didn't think you could read me. *sigh* Yes, they're Jaime's." She looked somewhat horrified, gods she must think I'm gonna tell. So I took a spot by her side. "I'm okay with it, a little weird out not gonna lie, but I guess I understand where you two come from. I know you don't trust or like the gods for that matter, but I do and I know that our great Mother works in mysterious ways, hence your golden haired children, but she is never wrong." right?

"Sister, just please don't keep secrets from me, I will always have your back, and besides I leave for Essos in little over a week. And I don't want to leave knowing you are lying, to me of all people" She grabbed my hands and looks straight into my eyes with a look, I know isn't honest "I'm sorry Davi, it's just I didn't know how you would react, but don't worry I don't have any more secrets." you keep lying to me.

After a short silence she got up and took something from her vanity table, came back to bed with a gorgeous golden lion necklace "I had it made for you, it is identical to mine. So when you are traveling in those dangerous far off lands, you don't forget that you are a Lannister and my little sister" I took it and hugged her with pain in my heart knowing she still keeps things from me "Don't worry I'll never forget *sigh* I'm gonna miss you."

A/N

I just wanted to explain that yes I will change a few minor things in the story line and regarding the time line.... The story takes place when Joffrey is still a little kid, so in regards of the HBO series, it hasn't reached season 1.

What you think? Please Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned, there are more songs to be played.