VIII

Davina POV

I'm breaking fast with Cersei, but I'm lost in thought. In a few hours, not only am I gonna meet him, but also make my proposition to him. It is going to be a long day.

"Davina, you are not listening to me, is something wrong?" my sister asked, snapping me back to reality "I'm sorry it's just, I'm going to meet prince Oberyn for lunch in the gardens, and I... *sigh* How am I even supposed to act? Am I supposed to be gentle?nervous?angry?disorientated? Do I try to flirt? Do I push him away? Agh! It is just irritating to not know what will happen, I'm supposed to marry the man, and all I know so far about him is that he is a whore with a title." Gods, why do you do this to me?

Cersei seems to take it all in for a minute before she responds "Alright, look Davi, I felt the same way the first time I met Robert. You just have to be yourself, it sounds ridiculous, but it's the best thing you can do. In your particular case, show him who you are and what you expect of him once you return from Essos. Talk to him, and give him something to look forward to in your marriage." oh I'm giving him something to think of alright "*sigh* Am I a complete fool for being nervous?"

My sister looks somewhat devilish as she says "No, but let's give him a reason to be nervous," I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Her smirk only grows as she gets up and offers her hand for me to take "Come. I will turn you into a goddess" oh gods.

***

Oberyn's POV

I was breaking fast alone in my chambers, enjoying the view of the ocean, when a brunette handmaiden walked in "Pardon me, my prince. I'm one of Lady Davina's handmaidens, she sent me to invite you to have lunch with her, this afternoon in her gardens" Hmm bold move, she beat me to it "Well then, tell your lady I'll meet her there" with that she scurries away. Let's see what you've got Flower.

I send a boy to inform my brother I will meet him later, for I now have plans. Before I knew it it was already noon, so I started my way to the gardens, only to be stopped by an errand boy who was apparently going to show me the way to his lady's gardens. Isn't it the same gardens for everyone? He led me to a part of the gardens that I had never visited before. Oh gods, this place is closed off from the rest, completely private, just what are you planning, Flower?

I now find myself sitting at a table full of pastries and wine, alone. "I made you wait so now you make me wait. Smart, but I'm getting bored and that blue pie is practically calling my name." Where are you Davina?

As if hearing my thoughts she walks in, and I'm utterly speechless. She looks ravishing, at least I'll get a gorgeous wife out of this arrangement. She closes in on me, and once she gives me her small hand to kiss, my senses kick back in.

***

Davina's POV

My errand boy told me a few minutes ago that Oberyn was in my gardens waiting, good, let's dance Viper "Thank you sister, but I'm off. I think I made him wait enough." "Good luck Davi, and I want details afterwards." I start making my way to my gardens. Gods, please be on my side on this one and let it go smoothly. I say a silent prayer as I shuu away the guards at the entrance, I want complete privacy with him.

Once I'm inside my heart skips a beat. There he is standing tall and devilishly handsome, with eyes as dark as night, and I find myself in trance. He is the same as he scans my body with lust in his eyes. Wow. I snap out of it and offer my hand for him to kiss, that is when he comes back to reality. Oberyn looks straight into my eyes as he ever so slowly bends to kiss my hand, his lips lingering longer than needed and never breaking eye contact. By the seven, why did he have to be so handsome?

Without letting go of my hand, he brings me to my chair, and he himself seats across me, when he breaks the silence "Truly a pleasure to meet you after a few days of waiting, my Lady" So unfair, for him to have that accent that only makes his deep voice, raspier and sexier. Wait, what?! "Do forgive me my prince but there were some pressing matters with the ship that I just had to look into. You yourself have traveled quite a lot, I'm sure you understand."

He grabs a blue pie and as he eats, I wonder how those smooth lips would feel against mine. What? Davina! "I do, one can never be too careful with one's ship, especially if you want to survive the unpredictable sea storms" he says the last part looking at my lips as I take a bite from a strawberry. We both refused to break eye contact, you could cut the tension with a knife.

When the tension became too much for him he broke again "Why am I here Flower?" I smirk at his nickname and impatience, "Flower? Now where did that come from?" He looks amused and replies "I'll tell you when you come back from Essos, Flower." Right, the marriage "That is actually what I wanted to talk about. I'll be gone for six years, as you know. So in the meantime in order to preserve both my sanity and yours, I have a proposition..."

Let's dance.

A/N

What did you think? Please vote and comment.

Stay tunes, there are more songs to be played.