XIII

"Dario we have been riding for an hour, just where in the heavens are you taking me?" But is he going to give me an answer, no! Instead he reaches over, takes me off the mare and covers my eyes "If you try anything I will have everyone in your family mysteriously disappear by morning"

"Would you calm down, I just want it to be a surprise, this place is very special you see. I found it a couple of years ago when I was still a mere soldier" why does his hand smell of strawberries? "what do you know about dragons Davina?"what, dragons?

We kept walking and I'm getting irritated "Not much really, just stories about the great dragon raiders in the history books. Other than that, just the fact that the last one died many years ago, why?" and we finally stopped, and with little movement I can now feel his hot breath near my ear "This is why"

As he took his hand away and my eyes adjusted to the light, the sight in front of me took my breath away. My heart started raising and by the gods am I speacheless "A dragon" all I could say before I walked away from Daario's grip, closer to the magnificent sight of a dragon's skeleton.

When I turned to Daario, his smirk ever present I regained control of my tongue "But how? How in the heavens did you find this?" He moved closer and closer till he was inches away from me "I wondered, got lost and quite literally bumped into it after nightfall. Do you like it?"

"Haha! Of course I do! I always wanted to know if these creatures were real, my brother never let me wander into the catacombs to see the skeletons so after a while I figured it was simply a story for little kids... beautiful" my mind is a mess I cannot believed I'm standing here, I can only imagine its big leather like wings soaring the skies with a mighty raider on its back.

What brought me back to the real world was the feeling of Daario's hands on my waist turning my body to face him. "I am pleased you like it this much dear... why don't you draw it?" Huh?

"How do you know I draw?" We met last night and I didn't even give him my name *chuckle* "Well dear when I bumped into you, I saw you had been drawing the flower market. So I asked a very big angry looking man in your state to give me your journal for the trip," this man just gets more interesting by the second.

With that he took out journal number 23 "Haha, that was probably Henry or Moordred, they don't really like people" with my journal in hand I started looking for the perfect spot to draw, Daario trailing behind "I can't figure you about Davina. I'm usually really good at reading people, that is one of the reasons I got my status but... you are like a labyrinth and strawberries fields" haha, I'm what?

"Haha, a labyrinth and strawberries fiel? That is certainly a first" perfect, from this spot I can see its entire body. I unhooked my bow and quiver from my waist and sat down, Daario sat right next to me.

"It is the only way I can describe you; a labyrinth because you are the most closed off and guarded woman I have ever met, you didn't tell me your name when we met, you left the party and only informed the host. Today I find that your servants know only your birth name and the fact that you and your crew are from Westeros." Well if you have a family like mine you would also keep it a secret "Yet you are a strawberries field because after finding me with the maid you weren't disgusted or embarrassed, haha no, you were curious. Sweet and caring enough that you have your men's undoubted loyalty... there is also the fact that you smell of strawberries and your smile could light a field"

What game is he playing? I don't understand his words. "So you see my Lady you are. In question a labyrinth, in a strawberry field" think Davina, think!! "Lieutenant, your words confuse me, I can't find a reason or meaning for them. If you are trying to gain my favor and therefore my coin, let me praise you, as this strategy is new to me"

"What? NO! Davina" he roughly grabbed my shoulders so I turned to look at him, his expression was one of hurt? "Davina, what has the world done to you?" He placed a gentle hand on my cheek, his blue looking deep into me.

"Lieutenant Daario Naharis, stop speaking nonsense and let me finish my drawing" I moved my head away back to my journal. He in turn took a knee right in front of me, he grabbed my hand and one again all I could see were those blue eyes "Davina, you know what I am talking about. You even write your journal in a different language for gods sake. So I'm going to ask again, what has the world done to you?" Is he stupid?!

"Are you stupid?! Daario I thought you were smarter than this..." I move his hands away and stand facing the dragon, "I am a woman Daario, I am worth NOTHING back in Westeros. Even with all the privileges in the world, all I have ever known is the fact that one day I'll become someone's wife, someone's property. I can't have my own money, I have to take my husband's name, the only property I'll ever have will be a gift from him, my children will never really be my own but HIS... so yes Daario I am VERY closed off, because I cherish the little things the world will let me have"

Silence, and a... hug, his head resting on my shoulder "I can pull all the strings, I can know everything that is going on back in Westeros. I can become as powerful as the king... behind the scene. I can not claim power for my own as long as I am a woman, until something changes. Furthermore the only reason I am telling you all this is because you don't have a clue as to who I truly am, and will never come to Westeros"

"Davina I-"

"My Lady!" Shit! I immediately walk out of Daario's embrace, whipped away the tear that dared come out, and turn to face... Toko? "Urgent news from Kingslanding... my Lady it's bad... it's about Lord John Arryn and your sister"

Fuck! Please gods, don't tell me they got caught!

A/N

What did you think? Please vote and comment.

Stay tuned, there are more songs to be played.