9

Mary was seething with fury. She couldn't believe her ears. The Stonewall brothers arriving at her workplace and telling everyone here that they were her imaginary boyfriend was a dream. Then the look on Naira's face when she heard them both say they were her boyfriend, she couldn't believe it.

Mary decided that if looks could kill, she would kill both brothers instantly.

Then Ryker didn't even explain to her coworker. He just grabbed her like a flower he plucked from a bush and carried her out.

The second they were outside, though, Mary broke free. She was so angry that she had forgotten about work but walked in the opposite direction of Ryker.

"Where are you going?" She heard from behind her.

"Anywhere but here," she snarled and jerked her head so hard, her thick hair came loose from her bun and fell around get nape.

"Mary," Ryker sighed from behind her.

"No!" She whipped around like a war Queen and stomped her way back to Ryker with her finger raised in the air as she pointed at him.

To Ryker, she looked startling bewitching. Mary's dull-colored eyes light up like shooting stars. Her pale freckled cheeks were rosy and flushed with rage. He realized she was angry with him.

He couldn't believe it. Females were generally afraid of him because of the way he carried himself. He never smiled.

"You don't get to scold me. By Gods and Goddesses, what we're you two thinking? Storming into my workplace and announcing to the people I work with that you are my boyfriend?" She scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. It stunned Ryker.

"To think I was being civil and kind. I went to cook you breakfast even though you were a total fucking ass to me," she continued in a fit.

"I told you I was sorry," he grumbled.

She made a disbelieving sound. Turned again and started walking in the opposite direction.

"I need to speak with you," Ryker said from behind her.

"I need not speak to you. In fact, do me a fucking favor and let's avoid each other during your stay here?" She shouted without looking back.

She was halfway down the block when she felt the cement disappear from underneath her. She thought the world was slipping, but realized Ryker had scooped her up into his arms.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" She demanded.

"We are talking," he said with definiteness while carrying her across the street and into an open park.

People near them stopped to stare or pass a few sides glances their way. He plopped her down a little hard onto a wooden bench before sitting down next to her.

"How dare you? You have no right to manhandle me this way," she growled and attempted to get back up only to be yanked back down by the arm.

"We are going back to our pack lands," he announced suddenly.

She stopped to look at him. For some reason, hearing that they were returning made her feel disappointed.

"Oh," she replied.

They looked at each other without saying anything, but so many questions flew between them.

Would this be the end?

How quick it began and how quickly could it end?

Mary's eyes swept over Ryker. Trying to memorize everything to heart before all of this comes to an end. She had thought they would stay a little longer but to hear that they were leaving so soon; it disheartened her.