16

Upon waking, Mary burrowed herself further into the warm, comfortable quilted sheets. After a restful sleep, she felt rejuvenated and well-rested but still; she fought the thought of waking up.

One more minute.

One more minute of peaceful rest before she wakes.

Seconds ticked by inside her head but sleep had already left her. It was already too late, and she knew she needed to get up.

Sighing, her eyes flew open to bright light. She squinted and rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes. Glancing out the window to her right, she noticed that the glowing light stretched across the blue skies. By the shadows on the trees, it looks about midday.

"So soon," Mary groaned. She was extremely tired from yesterday.

Stretching her limbs revealed how tired she was. Her muscles throbbed. Mary turned her head to the side and caught a whiff of her body scent. The smell on her body was repulsing. She needed a shower immediately.

Crawling out of bed, she walked out of her bedroom and across the hall to the bathroom. Mary took a long warm shower until her muscles stopped aching. Once done, she grabbed the towel hanging on a towel bar. She dried herself quickly before wrapping it around her midsection.

After dressing in a long-oversized t-shirt and some baggy grey lounge pants, Mary walked out into the living room. Pulling back the maroon curtains on the living room window, she looked outside. She remembered what Ryker said last night. He'll swing by in the morning. But it was midday already. Had she missed his visit?

Turning away from the window, she walked to the kitchen and began making herself some blueberry banana pancakes and scrambled eggs. Noticing that they stocked her kitchen with fresh ingredients and enough dry ingredients, she was quite thankful by the time she ate her breakfast.

After eating, she cleaned her dishes properly. One of her pet peeves was a dirty kitchen. Cooking was her passion and cooking excellent dishes need to start with a clean kitchen.

While washing her dishes though, she saw movement outside her sink window. Looking up, she noticed Abraham walking towards her cabin with one enforcer that traveled with them. His name was Gray.

Gray looked to be around Abraham and Ryker's age. He was a little slimmer in muscular form than the two brothers, but he was just as handsome as the two. The only minor flaw in him was the deep scar on his cheek, but the startling blue-greyish eyes took attention away from his scar. Gray's hair was long, but she noticed he liked to tie it up into a messy bun. Usually, males with long hair should look feminine in all kinds of ways. However, the word 'feminine' wasn't a word Mary would describe Gray.

The two didn't seem to notice her in the window yet, but it looks like they were heading her way. Mary finished washing the rest of her dishes before drying her hands on the hand towel.

Two sharp knocks sounded at her front door.

Mary opened the door and greeted with smiles. They both also looked like they slept well.

"Hello," she greeted them.

"Good afternoon, Mary," Gary replied and then took a sniff. His eyes lighting up at the smell of pancakes and scrambled eggs.

Mary glanced inside her home, even though she knew why Gary was looking inside her home already. With a wide grin, she opened her door wider.

"Come inside. I just cooked breakfast and lucky for you two, I cooked more than I can eat," she offered.

"Nah, we're good. We just ate Leona's lunch," Gary weakly protested.

"B-but, I mean, it would be rude of us to say no to you," Abraham added quickly.