6

A wide grin spread across Ahsoka's face as she silently thanked Rex. She tried to spin the blaster on her finger once more but it fell and clattered on the ground. Rex flinched as it landed and Ahsoka squeezed her eyes shut, embarrassed.

"Here let me" Rex insisted, picking up the handgun.

He put an index finger where the trigger was and demonstrated how he quickly spun it on his finger. He did it again carefully showing her how it was done. Ahsoka rolled her eyes with a small smile. She knew he was just showing off. She stared at his amber eyes as they wandered around the room. They were kind and warm. They made Ahsoka feel safe. Suddenly Rex looked at her and Ahsoka looked away hiding a slight blush.

"You try," Rex said, tossing the pistol to her.

Ahsoka caught the gun in her hands and studied it for a moment. She copied what Rex had done and spun it on her finger. This time it didn't slip away and Ahsoka was rather pleased with herself.

"You catch on quick" Rex smirked looking into her light blue eyes.

"Master Skywalker would say the same thing..." she trailed off.

She thought about her former master. What he was like before he turned to the dark side. He had been a great master, and an even better friend. Ahsoka wished she could just go back to the days when life was simple. When the two of them were off fighting droids and bringing peace to the galaxy. With the occasional company of Obi wan and Rex. She felt as Rex put a gentle hand on her shoulder. He must have noticed.

"He's gonna be okay Soka" he implied, "We are going to find him and bring him back"

"I hope your right" Ahsoka admitted, "I just don't think he's gonna come back willingly"

The two stayed silent for a moment. Neither knew what to say next. Rex began to rub her arm, as a comforting gesture. Ahsoka sat down, her back against the cool wall of the ship.

"Why? Rex," she asked, "Why did this have to happen?"

Rex shook his head, "I don't know"

"I miss the days when we were all on missions together" Ahsoka pointed out, "You, me, Anakin, and Obi wan"

"I do too," Rex whispered.

"Do you remember when we first met?" she asked the clone.

Rex smiled, "Like it was only yesterday"

"I was sent by Master Yoda to be Anakin's apprentice" Ahsoka recalled, "It was at a war zone on Christophsis and they were requesting back up"

"I remember that Master Skywalker gave you the nickname "snips" and you hated it" Rex laughed.

"And then I claimed I outranked you" Ahsoka remembered, "And you said that experience outranks everything"

The two sighed recalling the memories they would rather go back and relive.

"Remember when that crazy scientist released the Blue Shadow Virus?" Ahsoka asked Rex, "And we thought everything was fine until the droid let it out"

Rex's face went pale and he flinched at the memory, "The virus got in the safe room and we were trapped. We lost many good men that day." "I thought I was as good as dead"

"I felt so weak but we had to stop the droids" Ahsoka remembered, "We saved all of Naboo from that virus"

"Senator Amidala was tending to the sick men and you were trying to stay positive" Rex recalled, "You got so weak you fell and..."

"You caught me" Ahsoka finished.

The two gazed into each other's eyes, getting lost. Rex studied Ahsoka's beautiful eyes, they were like the ocean. They were the color of the markings on his helmet. He felt himself drawn to them, wishing to see them everyday when he woke up in the morning.