A loud crash woke Rex up. He frantically sat up and without even thinking looked next to him. He let out a sigh of relief when he realized Ahsoka was safe. He listened to the rain pounding against the ship. It was a good thing they slept on the ship. If they had been outside they would have been soaked and miserable. Ahsoka mumbled something in her sleep and Rex felt a soft smile spread across his face. She was alright. There was nothing to worry about. She was okay. He laid back down and wrapped an arm around her. She turned to face him and her eyes fluttered open.

"Good Morning" he whispered.

"Good Morning" Ahsoka replied.

Rex cuffed the side of her face and gently nudged her cheek. Ahsoka put her hand over his and grinned. She felt butterflies in her stomach and couldn't help but blush. For the first time in awhile Ahsoka was happy. She threw herself at Rex and hugged him as tightly as she could. Rex gave a gentle laugh and stoked her lekku. Suddenly the sharp smell of smoke filled Ahsoka's nose. She jumped to her feet. Rex must have smelled it too because he got up behind her. They both ran to the cargo bay and Ahsoka pressed a small button. This opened up an area with a small ramp leading to the outside.

The rain was brutal, slamming against everything it came in contact with. Rex wondered how anyone or anything could live on this planet. Then Rex and Ahsoka saw where the smoke was coming from. Their shelter was engulfed in flames. The smoke filled the sky, and left the air a faint, light, grey.

"Lightning must have struck it!" Rex had to practically scream over the roaring wind.

The rain wasn't doing much to put it out. The droplets sizzled in flames and just made the smoke worse. The hiss of the fire was almost as loud as the wind. A flash of lightning struck a nearby tree, and illuminated the jungle. Ahsoka had to cover her eyes because it was so bright. The loud boom of thunder followed almost as soon as the lightning hit.

Rex pushed the button, pulling the ramp up and forcing the bitter winds back outside. Ahsoka looked over to see Rex leaning against the wall, his abs glistening in the light. She tried to look away but it was if her eyes were glued to that spot. She found herself staring a lot longer than what she would have liked. Rex saw what was happening and rubbed his neck, his cheeks turning a light pink. Ahsoka shook her head, getting herself out of the trance.

"I-I...uh..." She stuttered.

"No it's-" Rex said and cleared his throat.

The two sat there, the sounds of thunder, and hammering rain filling the silence.

"I need to put out the fire" Ahsoka pointed out, "If it spreads to the trees the whole forest will go up in flames"

"No it's too dangerous!" Rex claimed.

"I will never forgive myself if I just sit here and do nothing!" Ahsoka cried, "We came here to hide and if the whole forest burns to the ground it will be our fault. We made that shelter and the wookies along with all the other animals are in danger!"

"Ahsoka-" Rex started.

"Please Rex!" Ahsoka interrupted, "I have to do this"

Rex turned away knowing when he was defeated. What if she got hurt? Then there would be no one there to help her! The storm was getting worse by the minute. If Ahsoka went out there, things could be flying everywhere. She could get hit! Or even struck by lightning.

"I'm coming with you" Rex declared.

"No, it's too dangerous," Ahsoka muttered.

"I'm not gonna just sit here and risk you getting hurt or worse..." Rex's voice trailed off.