27

With a final glance, Sorgon cracked a sly smile at the pair before turning on his heels and walking away. Rex ran to the bars of the cell and shook them violently. Sorgon just snorted and kept walking.

"There's got to be a way out of here" Rex muttered scanning the inside of the cell for any possible escape routes.

He pounded on the metal bars, only bruising his knuckles. Even though he should, Rex couldn't feel the pain. He let out a groan and stomped over to Ahsoka. He started to try and claw at the ground but the stone flooring wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Then Rex whirled around, heaving shaky breaths from all the adrenaline.

"Come on" he grumbled, searching for any secret levers or buttons with the palms of his hands.

"Rex" Ahsoka groaned.

Rex didn't hear her. He was so lost in his own frustration and panic that he wasn't focusing on anything else. He muttered things under his breath and started pacing. Ahsoka was just about done.

"Rex!" she yelled with all her might.

Rex snapped to attention and turned to look at his beloved. She was shuddering and hurt but Rex didn't see to notice.

"Please" she begged, "It's no use"

"No no no, there had to be a way out I'm not letting them torture you again!" he cried, "We have been through so much! So much Ahsoka! I can't stand the thought of failing to save you this time!"

Rex crumbled to the ground next to Ahsoka, his back to the wall. He put his face in his hands and let out a long sigh.

"This is all my fault" Rex mumbled, his voice breaking.

"Take that back," Ahsoka demanded.

"No! I can't take it back when it's true! I'm the one that got captured, I'm the one you had to save which caused you to crash on Onderon, and if I had just been better and thought quicker we wouldn't even be in this mess!" Rex cried.

"Rex, look at me" Ahsoka said tersely, "This is not your fault. None of this is. We are going to get out of here, and we are going to get through this because of you! Hell, look who's the one who needs saving right now!"

"I'm scared Soka" Rex admitted.

These words made Ahsoka's heart ache for him, "I know you are Rex. I am too. But we're gonna get through this, we always do. You're gonna do whatever Hondo asks and we'll be far away from here in no time"

Rex forced a sad smile, the creases not reaching his eyes. Ahsoka put a shaky hand against his cheek and Rex leaned into her touch. As soon as he felt her ice like skin on his own, it hit him.

"Your freezing" he said in a panicked tone.

He had been so worked up that he hardly noticed how surprisingly cold it was in their cell. He had been sweating thanks to the pressure, fear, guilt, and all the emotions that were flooding in at the moment.

"I'm fine," Ahsoka snapped.

Rex shot her a sideways glance. Ahsoka glared back.

"Look at you! Your shivering so much you might as well shake the whole cell" Rex pointed out.

He began to tug at his blacks, making Ahsoka feel even more guilty.

"Rex I don't want to ta-" she began.

"Please don't argue. You need it more than I do" Rex interrupted her.

Ahsoka could hear as Rex began to tear the upper half of his blacks off. Even in the dim lighting, Ahsoka could make out Rex's toned muscles as his bare chest was now visible. Her cheeks flushed pink and Rex smirked, scooting closer to her. Ahsoka gave him a warm smile and a soft kiss on the cheek. Rex returned the gesture and put the makeshift shirt on the freezing togruta next to him.