30

Gersaka's eyes widened as he breathed his brother's name.

"H-h-he's alive?" he asked, his voice shaking.

Rex nodded, "Yes he is, now I've got to get you and the other pirates out of here. Do you know where they are?"

Gersaka smirked, "Look around"

Rex scanned the area to see that Gersaka was surrounded by at least twenty other Weequays. They must be the pirates he was looking for.

"You found them," he said with a faint smile.

Behind Rex's helmet, he returned the gesture and let out a long sigh of relief.

"Now how do I get your guys out of here?" Rex questioned looking around the room for a key.

Gersaka frowned, "There's a guard, an imperial officer with a scar that damaged his eyes on the left side. He has the key"

Rex's heart dropped like a stone. He really hoped that wasn't who he thought it was. He couldn't fight him, he didn't want to.

"Are you sure?" Rex pushed, quickly glancing around the corner making sure no troopers or officers were coming.

"I'm sure. Wait...are you a clone?" the Weequay asked hastily.

Rex nodded and hesitated before taking off his helmet. Gersaka and the pirates around him let out a gasp. Rex flinched at their reactions and put his helmet back on.

"Why are you helping us? I thought you hated our kind, you know us pirates usually get into all sorts of trouble with you guys" Gersaka pointed out.

"That's a story for when we get out of here" Rex snapped as he started to sprint away.

He didn't feel like telling them the entire story of Ahsoka and Hondo and her being trapped and tortured. So he just left.

"The guard!" Gersaka shouted after Rex, "He looks alot like you. Only with different hair. Is he a clone too?"

Rex bit his lip and tensed. So it was Wolffe. This mission just kept getting better and better. Didn't it? He dashed down the halls, searching for his brother. Finding him wouldn't be that hard, but getting the key from him was another story.

Wolffe was one of the toughest clones Rex knew. He was by the book and always followed orders to the point. Only rarely did Rex see him smile, or even show a little empathy. But Rex still knew Wolffe loved his brothers, and Rex loved him. He didn't want to fight him. In fact that was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

Rex scrambled around another corner and kept running until he heard a familiar voice. He stopped and his stomach started to twist into knots, making Rex feel like he was going to get sick.

"General! The intruder has been sighted at hallway G-51! Please send reinforcements and I will deal with it right away!" Wolffe's rough voice boomed into a transmitter.

Rex stayed hidden until Wolffe hung up, then he crept into the room where Wolffe was. Besides Wolffe, no one else occupied the room and it was eerily silent. Rex tried not to make a sound as he inched closer and closer to his brother. He was just about to snatch the keys where he spotted them on his waist band, when suddenly Wolffe whirled.

Rex sucked in a sharp breath. This wasn't Wolffe. This wasn't him. Order 66 had clouded his mind and brainwashed him.

"Rex" Wolffe growled, "You are under arrest for treason against the Republic and the break in of this imperial prison"

With that Wolffe pulled out a blaster and aimed it right at Rex.

"Wolffe please!" Rex begged, "It's me! The chip... it's not making you think straight, this isn't right!"